Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    May 15, 2015 @ 16:55
    Connie DeCinko

Compatible with Windows 10?

If we chose to upgrade to Umbraco 7, by then our staff users should all be running Windows 10. Will Umbraco 7 play nice with Windows 10 and the new Edge browser? Will you keep the current user interface?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    May 15, 2015 @ 19:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Connie

I know I can't provide an official response to this - But I think the short answer to this one is "Yes" - Umbraco HQ does not have any interest in not supporting windows 10 and the upcoming edge browser. In fact Umbraco will probably be even more compatible with Edge than older versions of IE since it's probably going to support more standards in regards to html, css and javascript.

There are no plans in the roadmap to change the interface that was released with 7 - But some changes in regards to UX in the "Settings" section will probably change in the release of v8 in an effort to make the experience for primaryly new-commers and old timers (Developers) easier and more logical - But in regards to the editor experience the UI will stay the same I think.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    May 15, 2015 @ 20:05
    Connie DeCinko

Thanks Jan, the information is helpful.

Is there any information online about Umbraco 8 and a timeline for it? We are looking at options for a CMS for 2016 and beyond.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    May 15, 2015 @ 21:24
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Connie

I attended the talk about the remaking of the document type editor in Odense in the week leading up to the 10th birthday of Umbraco where HQ had visits from community members through the entire week - Doug Robar also attended and made a nice write-up about things that were being discussed, which you can read here http://blog.percipientstudios.com/2015/2/19/document-type-editor-redux.aspx

Apart from that I don't think that there is any official statements about what's coming yet - But if you make sure to monitor the #cg15 hashtag around a month from now and keep an eye on the live-streaming of the keynote then I'm sure you'll be a lot more informed about what is going to happen in v8.

Untill then I don't know if it's possible to make any sense of the work items listed here for v8? https://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/800

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft