Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jake williamson 207 posts 873 karma points
    May 17, 2015 @ 13:52
    jake williamson

'An error occurred with the scheduled publishing' exception

chaps,

i've just set up a smtp appender for an umbraco 7.2.4 website.

since going live, i'm getting 100's of emails with this exception:

2015-05-17 02:48:28,041 ERROR Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing Run - [Thread 49] An error occurred with the scheduled publishing. The base url used in the request was: http://www.my-site.co.uk/, see http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Using-Umbraco/Config-files/umbracoSettings/#ScheduledTasks documentation for details on setting a baseUrl if this is in error
    System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request)
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data)
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(String address, String data)
       at Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing.Run()

from hunting around, it appears this is related to the 'baseUrl' attribute on the 'scheduledTasks' node in the 'umbracoSettings.config'.

the current value is:

<scheduledTasks baseUrl="www.my-site.co.uk/umbraco/" />

which based on the the bug posts i've found is correct - but still the errors are rolling in!

has anyone a suggestion of what the correct settings are?! i'm not even using the scheduled tasks feature at the moment so getting plagued with errors is a bit of a pain ;)

any suggestions would be grand!

cheers,

jake

May 22, 2015 @ 14:58
    jake williamson

just following up on this one: this seems to be in virtually every umbraco install we have! it's a pain as tracking down genuine exceptions means you need to wade through all of these 1st...

• keilo 568 posts 1023 karma points
    Nov 12, 2015 @ 04:54
    keilo

jake did you find a solution for this?

Nov 12, 2015 @ 09:30
    jake williamson

ha! sort of...

the solution was to upgrade umbraco! it appears to be a bug. to be honest, i spent a couple of hours trying to fix it and the only pointers i got is if you've not got any scheduled tasks defined in the 'umbracoSettings.config' then the error gets logged...

as there was a newer version of umbraco out i upgraded the site and hey presto, the error disappeared ;)

so not really a fix but a work around?!

• keilo 568 posts 1023 karma points
    Nov 12, 2015 @ 09:41
    keilo

oh i see.. Do you recall which version you were at? and which version upgrade did make that go away?

Nov 12, 2015 @ 10:11
    jake williamson

yup, it's v7.2.4. i moved the site to v7.8.0 recently and no more errors.

we've also sites running 7.3.0 and 7.3.1 and the error isn't present in the logs for those site's either.

hope that helps!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft