Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ravi Motha 290 posts 500 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    May 18, 2015 @ 18:10
    Ravi Motha

grid editor widget is not picking up changes

I have a v7.2.4 grid editor with some fields and I've added a new field but whatever I do I can't sseem to see the new field.

I've restarted iis , I've touched the web config so many times its about to get a restraining order, and I've checked both the package manaifest and the grid.conf.js file..

I can change the name so i know its picking up settings but not the added field or any text cahnges

"name": "Link To", "alias": "gridlinkto", "view": "/appplugins/GridEditors/GridLinkTo/Views/GridLinkTo.html", "render": "/appplugins/GridEditors/GridLinkTo/Render/GridLinkTo.cshtml", "icon": "icon-link", "config": { "contentStartNode": "xxxx", "mediaStartNode": "-1", "hideTitle": false, "hideUrl": false, "hideMedia": false, "hideOpenNew": false }

any ideas??

• Openfield Creative 62 posts 222 karma points
    May 18, 2015 @ 18:19
    Openfield Creative

Hi Ravi,

I feel like I've ran into this before, and it drove me nuts. If I remember correctly it was that I hadn't enabled debug mode in the web.config.

Hope that helps,

Owen

• Ravi Motha 290 posts 500 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    May 18, 2015 @ 19:23
    Ravi Motha

Thanks Owen.. Yes I've had a nose and it turns out the page wasn't sufficiently ridingit self of cache so i wasn't seeing the latest changes.. many a hard refresh later and bash its suddenty started appearing..

I have now disabled and reduced caching etc to minimums..

most annoying but most relieved it was simple and not the entrance to rabbit hole

• Openfield Creative 62 posts 222 karma points
    May 18, 2015 @ 19:31
    Openfield Creative

Glad you were able to get it working.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft