Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
I've just run a nuget update on a 7.1.4 site, which all ran beautifully smoothly. Like butter.
But... I can log in to the backoffice, content tree renders nicely, everything is as it should be. Except when I try to publish a node - I get JS errors:
POST /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/PostSave 500 (Internal Server Error)
@ angular.min.js:79(anonymous function)
@ angular.min.js:92(anonymous function)
angular.min.js:63 TypeError: data.indexOf is not a function
at j.promise.then.o (angular.min.js:80)
at Object.$get.e.$eval (angular.min.js:92)
at Object.$get.e.$digest (angular.min.js:90)
at Object.$get.e.$apply (angular.min.js:92)
at j (angular.min.js:101)
at r (angular.min.js:104)
There's also a minor issue where no content displays on the front end, but given the backoffice renders fine, I don't think it will be anything substantial. Permissions all look fine, have double checked *.config files, can't see anything obvious in there either...
Any suggestions as to where I should be looking for a solution?
How did you do the upgrade? Was it manually or using nuget? Did you clear the browser cache and bump the backoffice cache as well after the upgrade?
Upgraded via nuget. Dumped browser cache, deleted umbraco.config to trigger a rebuild of the xml cache, neither helped.
I'm rolling back to 7.1.4 now, once that's done will try again to see if I missed anything.
Tour database didn't upgrade. I suspect you altered the umbraco version in web.co fig yourself? After the NuGet update always just run the site and click through the upgrade installer on each environment, never update the version in Web.config manually.
Nope, installer ran correctly and made the version changes automagically. I'll keep digging, can't be anything too serious I don't think.
Ah sorry, I see it's js errors.. not the database then, sorry I didn't read properly!
Try a different browser or private browser window, make sure all files are copied into your /umbraco folder (winmerge and beyondcompare can compare folders, unzip a regular download of 7.2.5 and compare it to your site.
Yeah, that was going to be the next attempt - rollback to 7.1.4 and do the upgrade manually.
You can't mix & match with NuGet updates though, you HAVE to do them through NuGet else you will get weird results (possibly like this one).
Did you manage to fix this? This exact error has started randomly occuring for me (haven't upgraded, haven't fiddled with any back office files etc). Am just creating a simple front end gallery, then this morning I started getting those errors when saving in the content section.
The content still saves, but the publish button doesn't revert from being disabled so I have to refresh to make another change. Umbraco 7.2.5 with no changes to bug,config,umbraco files.
@Adam can you set debug to true in your web config, try again and then click on that 500 error to see what the actual problem is? You should get a slightly more detailed error message back.
Adam, I was in the fortunate position of being able to delete the site and pull a new copy from source control, so didn't spend any real time investigating the issue. Still have the 7.1.4 -> 7.2.5 upgrade on the books, so will probably end up digging into this in the near future.
With debugging enabled, I get the following (Seems to be failing at v.send):
Not an angular expert so struggling to follow the source of the problem. I've tried resetting cache, clearing temp files etc just in case but no luck.
Nothing being flagged in Vis Studio as I assume like you said before it's just js errors.
I have uploaded it to a test AWS server and it works fine now?!
Strange, as other Umbraco 4/6/7 installs have always saved fine for me locally with the same security permissions, in the same location etc.
chaps, just ran into this exact problem after running the 'mysql for visual studio' installer on my machine!
caused a bit of head scratching as the error didn't point at anything mysql related until i tried to save a non content node, then a mysql error showed up in the console before disapearing and showing the error you've described.
so i'm in a weird trade off now of being able to save nodes in umbraco but not being able to do what i initially set out to do with a mysql database.
but you never know, this may help someone!
Interesting, I had just installed mysql the day before my error occurred. I hadn't thought about that though as I use sql server for all Umbraco related projects. Seems like it must be mysql related; I'll keep an eye on it.
it seems that the mysql installer changes values at the machine level web.config.
we actually found the solution via this post on the forum:
adding this to your site web.config appears to fix it:
<remove name="MySqlSiteMapProvider" />
a bit of a pain, we lost hours on this...
hope that helps!
damn it! i'm now having to apply this fix to EVERY SINGLE SITE i run on my machine ;(
far out mysql, you've really done me over this time - killed 4 hours getting this working...
@Jake Williamson - your solution worked. Been on this all day. :-) Nice one, thanks.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted