Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tove 15 posts 35 karma points
    May 26, 2015 @ 20:14
    Tove

Content disapperaring - Macro-problem?

Hi I am new to Umbraco and indeed VERY new to .net/angular and some things of what I have seen so far, I like very much.

BUT sometimes I get a hunch that strange things happens beyond my control. Having worked in several other CMS I know there often are things/bugs you must learn to live with... I wonder if this really big problem is one of them, If so - what is the trick?

I had prepared most content and was almost ready to file my boss the latest upgrades on what I was working with. Then - when looking at the Home-page, most of the content in the cells were gone.

I checked and on most of my pages some content was gone.

I got this error which might have something to do with it: Request error: The URL returned a 404 (not found): /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Macro/GetMacroResultAsHtmlForEditor

I have a couple of macros on my pages.

But looking further - I found that in the row configurations - in some cells - my grid editors that I had assigned to those cells, where unchecked. That is "Allow all editors" is unchecked but the editor I initially had assigned is also unchecked (ALL editors are unchecked) ... and maybe hence the empty cells in my pages?

So what I see backend is maybe 2 rows of content where there initially was 5-6. I also see the outlines of the previous boxes/rows but with no content. Front end I still see the webpage just like it should render.

I have cleared cache and even tested alternative browsers and rebuilt solution several times.

I can not let our customer's into this. Please - any ideas? Why does this happen?? (I am tearing my hair here)

Best regards /Tove

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 26, 2015 @ 22:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tove

Is this happening locally or on a staging environment? If it's working locally but not on staging it seems that you have missed some files when deploying to staging - If my assumption is right then how is your proces when doing your deploy? Is it automated or manual?

Unfortunately I have not had the chance to get deep into using the grid editor yet so I don't know all the lingo when dealing with it yet. But have you been renaming the alias of the property editor on your document type? Then that may be the issue as I think there is a known bug regarding that.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

/Jan

• Jesper Lysgaard 16 posts 76 karma points
    Jun 08, 2015 @ 10:26
    Jesper Lysgaard

Are you using SQLCE and IIS Express?

I had same issue with dissapearing content until I installed on a full SQL.

I guess there is some issue ith the combination SQLCE and ISS Express.

/Jesper

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft