Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tony 105 posts 163 karma points
    May 29, 2015 @ 16:43
    Tony

Error unpacking extension

Im trying to upgrade some packages but Im getting the following error, it happends on anything, new plugins, upgrades etc.Ive had a good google but cannot find anything. Ive reapplied ownership to the main website folder, given myself full permissions etc but nothing?

Could not upload file

System.Exception: Error unpacking extension... ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Loading this assembly would produce a different grant set from other instances. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131401) at System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal..ctor(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context) at System.AppDomain.CreateInstanceAndUnwrap(String assemblyName, String typeName) at Umbraco.Core.Packaging.PackageBinaryInspector.ScanAssembliesForTypeReference[T](String dllPath, String[]& errorReport) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.LoadConfig(String tempDir) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.Import(String InputFile) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.Import(String InputFile) at umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.uploadFile(Object sender, EventArgs e)

• Tony 105 posts 163 karma points
    Sep 08, 2015 @ 11:18
    Tony

Still getting this? Nobody else seen this before?

• Matt H 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jan 15, 2016 @ 15:10
    Matt H

Any solution yet Tony? I am trying to install courier 2 and I get the same message upon uploading the package. Any help is appreciated.

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jan 15, 2016 @ 20:15
    Paul Sterling

Hi Matt -

Could you provide us details on exact versions you are using, your environment config, and repro steps? We'd love to get to the bottom of this, but as of now cannot repro in any way.

Thanks

• Matt H 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jan 19, 2016 @ 15:39
    Matt H

Windows Server 2012 Standard (64bit) Umbraco 7.3.4 (out of the box install)

Umbraco loads and everything looks good, but then when I try to do the local package installation of Courier v2.51.4 it shows this message when clicking the "Load Package" button.

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Feb 03, 2016 @ 22:04
    Paul Sterling

Hi Matt -

We have one other support customer with this same issue on 7.3.4 installing Courier 2.51.* (2.51.5 is the current release). We have tried every repro scenario trying to exactly match what the customer has but have not been able to repro after multiple attempts.

We don't suppose the machine is something you could let us have access to in order to try to identify what is different about your config? If so, can you contact me directly - paul at umbraco .

If you've made any headway we'd love to know what you've found as we're currently in full-detective mode.

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Feb 05, 2016 @ 09:27
    Shannon Deminick

If you are getting this (very strange) error, I'm pretty sure this will happen with any package that contains binaries, not just courier. Please confirm.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft