Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• satheesh 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 01, 2015 @ 16:32
    satheesh

Macro in RTE issues after Umbraco upgrade to 7.2.1

After upgrade to 7.2.1 from 6.1.1 macros inside RTE are not working if the macroAlias is not the first attribute.

The issue is discussed in the below topic.

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/47746-All-macros-in-rich-editor-disappeared-after-upgrading-from-610!!

Is there a way to upgrade a large number of macros which do not have macroAlias as the first attribute.

• Myke Bates 11 posts 53 karma points
    Jun 09, 2015 @ 08:06
    Myke Bates

My upgrade route from 4.x has led me to this point as well :(

I can confirm my macros are being stored in the DB without the macroAlias attribute first in line.  Furthermore I cannot seem to even manually change this in the db/cache.  Seems to always get overwritten somehow back to the old way.  I am sure I am missing something simple, it's late.  I would love a way to mass update these.  I currently have hundreds of instances of macros that need fixing.

• satheesh 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 09, 2015 @ 08:29
    satheesh

He is a solution(Macros work now but it is not displaying parameters when we edit existing macros. New macros do not have any problems before/after)

1, You need to modify the dataNtext in [dbo].[cmsPropertyData]. Changes will reflect only if you republish.

Note: Kindly do this at your own risk. You need to create a script to find and replace the macros after reordering the attributes. Also note i came across two types of macros.cmsContentXml table is a cache table and will be refreshed once you publish/republish.

<!--?UMBRACO_MACRO

<?UMBRACO_MACRO

• Myke Bates 11 posts 53 karma points
    Jun 09, 2015 @ 08:40
    Myke Bates

That table was it!  Apparently I was trying every other table *but* that one.  Thanks for the pointer.  Now to script this monster out. Should be....interesting.  Thanks again for that pointer!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft