Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phil 54 posts 139 karma points
    Jun 04, 2015 @ 10:16
    Phil

Audit log wrongfully contains user with ID 0 - intermittent issue

I seem to be experiencing an intermittent issue with the audit log - on some of the audit log records, the user with ID 0 is recorded as performing actions where they have been performed by another person.

According to the umbracoLog table, there seems to be no correlation with the type of event and the issue - the 'UnPublish performed by user' is recorded on a single node twice in one day at different times (correctly), once with the correct user and once with user ID 0.

I have looked through the issue tracker, and only have found one issue which relates to 6.1.6 and 6.2.4.

I am going to disable the account with user ID 0, and monitor the umbracoLog table - my guess is that the user ID is not being set on some events (for whatever reason) and is therefore using user ID 0 as the default.

Does anybody have any ideas around the issue and what could be causing it?

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jun 04, 2015 @ 17:51
    Tim

User ID 0 is the Admin user that gets set up when you create the site. It's also used by a lot of internal actions that are performed without a logged in user, so the scheduled publisher etc will always show up as user 0. Did the pages have scheduled publish/unpublish actions set against them?

• Ajit 7 posts 67 karma points
    Jul 22, 2015 @ 09:14
    Ajit

Did you find a solution for the problem we also face? We can reproduce the behavior by manually unpublishing content pages (without scheduling it) just using the green "unpublish" button: The UmbracoLog entry "Unpublish performed by user" is logged with userId 0, whereas saving and publishing are logged correctly. We are using Umbraco 7.2.5

• Phil 54 posts 139 karma points
    Jul 22, 2015 @ 09:30
    Phil

@Ajit, I did not find a solution - the work around was to only use the user with ID 0 as a service account.

• Balbir singh 9 posts 102 karma points
    Apr 21, 2016 @ 10:43
    Balbir singh

Hi Phil,

Can you elaborate more , when u say - "with ID 0 as a service account." ?

thanks,

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft