Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• stevo 63 posts 106 karma points
    Jun 05, 2015 @ 01:20
    stevo

Umbraco members: how to start...

Hi.

I’m starting a new exciting project with members on the weekend. My head is already started thinking about it.  I never done a Umbraco website with members.

One of my first questions which crossed my mind is: "What is a good standard Umbraco way to implement that"

Do I use the Umbraco members (which I see at the Umbraco backend to control the users for the backend) for the front as well? Or do I create my own database?

I think I will need a couple more extra fields for each user.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Stefan

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jun 05, 2015 @ 10:32
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Stefan,

If it was me who should make this I would use the Umbraco Members, but it depends on how many members you think the website will contain. If is 100.000 it´s no problem, but if we are talking e.g 15 millions members, then you will need to implememnt another member provider.

For you questions about that you need a couple more extra fields for each user, that´s no problem, you can extend the member document type with the fields that you needs.

If you have access to Umbraco TV, there is a whole chapters about Members in Umbraco http://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/content-editor/administrative-content/members/what-is-a-member/, if you not have access yet, then you can see the plans here: http://umbraco.tv/plans-signup/

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• stevo 63 posts 106 karma points
    Jun 05, 2015 @ 17:38
    stevo

Hi Dennis!

Thank you so much for your answer/help! I expecting 800 to 1000 members.

Sadly I don’t have a Umbraco TV account but your advice is pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks again Dennis! I much appreciate your help!

Cheers, Stefan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft