Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Jun 05, 2015 @ 09:35
    Rohan

how to create microsite based on existing umbraco website

Hi

We have one website already set up with Umbraco 7.2.x & uWebshop (for managing category / products etc)

Now clients wants to build other 2-3 microsites based on our website using Umbraco ?

The question is What is microsite and it's usefullness ?

The other thing is that our main site is kind of e-commerce site where user can purchase the product , add to basket and do payment etc. Now the client wants some of the functionaltiy in microsite as well like (shopping basket , payment provider etc)

I am not that's much expert in umbraco.

So can anyone please guide me here ? how to start etc ?

thanks,

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jun 05, 2015 @ 10:44
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Rohan,

I would say you should only build it in the same Umbraco solution if the templates and document types are the same, so the changes from one site to another is the skinning of the site with different colors and so on.

What I understand with a micro site, is that it´s a small site, it could be a site for a specific product, or so. So if I understand your client right then you could take a copy of the current Umbraco site, and then they can create another content structure for the micro site, based on the same template and document types.

Maybe you will need to create a new stylesheet for each micro site if they should have different colors font-size typography than the main site.

Hope this helps and make sense, if any other has something to add please do so.

/Dennis

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Jun 05, 2015 @ 12:14
    Rohan

Hi Dennis

Thanks for the reply.

But can we manage uWebshop Store, Category / products and  also a "Members" section for each clients ? Right now we have configured gallery inside a uWebshop and it's for one clients. Also rights all the new members of website created under "Members" section.

We may have separate gallery for each clients microsite and they may have their own members / users etc. So how to manage it with Umbraco ?

Also do you have any reference link for microsite ?

Also can we use <iFrame> with some client Unique key and based on it , everything will work 

thanks,

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jun 05, 2015 @ 12:34
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Rohan,

For the definition of an micro site try to see this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsite. For your questions about how you canmanage uWebshop Store, Category / products, I think you should try ask in the uWebshop space here on Our. https://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/uwebshop2/uwebshop2-general-questions

With members all members are created in the backend, so if you have muliple backoffice editors, that have access to the member section, then they can see all members.

If you have login on your webshop then you could create different Member Groups, so you should be in a specific member group to be able to login to the micro site on the front end. Here is some videos about hwo to work with members in Umbraco, http://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/content-editor/administrative-content/members/what-is-a-member/

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft