Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben McKean 272 posts 549 karma points
    Jun 11, 2015 @ 06:59
    Ben McKean

Script out from database - problems with creating database

Hi

I've been tasked with migrating a clients site from one hosting environment to another. The site is currently 7.0.4 and I hope to also upgrade it to the latest version.

They're currently with a hoster that have a control panel whereby you can run a script out the database and content.

However, when I run the script locally, I'm getting a lot of errors with regard to creating foreign keys on tables. I've had a look round and it appears this is common with the Umbraco DB. So, I've asked the client if they can get hold of a .bak file to restore from but this might not be possible.

Any suggestions on how I could get around this? From what I can see my options would be:

1. Ignore the errors with regards to keys - will the site and CMS still run fine if it doesn't have them?

2. Try and fix the issues withe the FKs - however I'm always nervous of touching the Umbraco DB directly

3. Any thing else I could do?

Thanks in advance

• Gert 81 posts 288 karma points
    Jan 24, 2016 @ 20:57
    Gert

Ben, did you find a solution yet for this problem? I'm having the same issue with Umbraco 7.3.1?

Thanks! Gert

• Ben McKean 272 posts 549 karma points
    Jan 24, 2016 @ 21:21
    Ben McKean

Hi Gert, sorry to say that I actually got my hands on the .bak file I needed in the end. Sorry to not be of help

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft