Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason Espin 368 posts 1335 karma points
    Jun 11, 2015 @ 13:34
    Jason Espin

Searching for more than one value for a single field using Examine

Hi all,

I'm currently working with Examine and just need a quick bit of guidance with the shorthand methods provided to ensure I am getting the correct items returned from my query.

Here is my code:

ISearchCriteria tourContainerCriteria = externalSearcher.CreateSearchCriteria(BooleanOperation.Or);
                        IBooleanOperation tourQuery = tourContainerCriteria.Field("nodeTypeAlias", "tour").Or().Field("nodeTypeAlias", "tourRepository");
                        tourQuery = tourQuery.And().Field("siteNode", culture.Value.Id.ToString());
                        ISearchResults tours = externalSearcher.Search(tourQuery.Compile());

This produces the following Lucence query when compiled:

{nodeTypeAlias: tour nodeTypeAlias:tourrespository +siteNode: 1054}

This essential returns all nodes that have a siteNode of 1054 that could have either of the nodeTypeAlias defined but also could not. So, really what this is returning at the moment I believe is nodes that have a siteNode of 1054 but ignoring the other criteria.

What I need is nodes to be returned that have either:

nodeTypeAlias: tourrepository and a siteNode: 1054

and

nodeTypeAlias: tour and a siteNode: 1054

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated as I really don't want to write a full lucence query by hand for such a simple issue.

Cheers,

Jason

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft