Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jerker Stigsson 63 posts 122 karma points
    Jun 12, 2015 @ 09:40
    Jerker Stigsson

Pages falls out of cache

We have some website on Umbraco 7.2+. Some of them has a strange thing going on. When we publish a page, sometimes after some hours it falls out of the cache. It gets published and it shows up on the website as it should. Then, just all of the sudden, the page is still published but it will not show. We then find this message:

Oops: this document is published but is not in the cache (internal error)

Very annoying for our customer. They publish their web page, everything is nice and dandy, and next day the page isn't there.

Is it a bug in newer versions? We have been working with Umbraco for some years, and nothing like this has happened before.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 16, 2015 @ 10:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jerker

What is the exact version of Umbraco that you're using? is it 7.2.6 or? - I don't recall having seen this issue on any version of 7 before.

Is it an installation that was born on v7.2? Or has it been upgraded to v7.2 from 6 for instance?

/Jan

Jul 03, 2015 @ 08:24
    Jerker Stigsson

It has occured since we upgraded to 7.2. We just upgraded to 7.2.6. And it is acctually occurs even more often now after upgraded to 7.2.6.

Sometime it falls out of cache whithout an error message like the one above. When we click publish again, a second time, it get published.

We have tried to nail it down when it appears. It might be when we upload an update of some files. But it doesn't seem to allways be the case.

The weird thing here is that it get published and obviously get saved in cache. But for some reason later it get removed from cache.

Can it be a server setting of some kind that interfere the running of the cache service?

Would appreciate some help here, we are kind of stuck here.

Jul 03, 2015 @ 08:26
    Jerker Stigsson

And this website started out on version 7.1.

• Martin Lingstuyl 202 posts 379 karma points
    Feb 06, 2016 @ 10:03
    Martin Lingstuyl

I had this on umbraco 7.3.x. Very annoying and always with the same two pages falling out of cache after some time. Removing the pages and doctypes and creating it all anew did not fix a thing.

Every time the website restarted, the error came back.

Then I noticed the umbraco.config file having an oddly old last modified date. I removed the file and republished, and the error is gone.

Maybe it helps, I'm now checking if the file permissions were wrong, but I don't think so, as it only started happening a short while ago.

Maybe it helps, Martin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft