Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marcel van Helmont 68 posts 259 karma points c-trib
    Jun 14, 2015 @ 14:08
    Marcel van Helmont

Umbraco 7.3.0 Beta Indentity Server

Hello all,

I am curretly playing with umbraco 7.3.0 Beta, with the identity improvements. Login to a external provider like Google / Azure AD are working but i like to use Thinktecture IdentityServer V3 for the compleet login. So local login is disabled and login will be done with the identity server.

How is this posible, currenly i use this code in mij UmbracoCustomOwinStartup:

app.UseOpenIdConnectAuthentication(new OpenIdConnectAuthenticationOptions
            {
                ClientId = "implicitclient",
                Authority = "https://localhost:44319/identity",
                RedirectUri = "http://localhost:2671/",
                ResponseType = "id_token",
                Scope = "openid email",
                SignInAsAuthenticationType = CookieAuthenticationDefaults.AuthenticationType,

});

But no redirect is happening to the identity server..

Thanks,

• dillorscroft 198 posts 192 karma points
    Aug 05, 2015 @ 08:17
    dillorscroft

Hi,

Did you get anywhere with this? I'm keen myself to utilize it...

DC

• Marcel van Helmont 68 posts 259 karma points c-trib
    Aug 05, 2015 @ 08:34
    Marcel van Helmont

Hi,

Unfortunately not, i have put it aside for now.

Hopefull when 7.3 is released there is more information about it. I think the problem is that the browser don't get a 401 because angularjs intercepts it. So i think there must be done something to override the backoffice login page.

• Greg Manrodt 4 posts 96 karma points
    Oct 07, 2015 @ 14:38
    Greg Manrodt

Now that 7.3 has been officially released, have you gotten back to this?

We had Thinktecture Identity Server/Manager configured and running under Umbraco until we upgraded to 7.3 yesterday. Now, none of our Identity Server routes are responding, and no breakpoints in the startup.cs are being hit. I haven't spent more than a couple hours debugging it, but it seems fairly broken.

UPDATE: It is possible to switch back and forth between using Umbraco and Thinktecture by changing the value of the appSetting in the web.config called owin:appStartup. I haven't yet figured out how to have both working at the same time, but hopefully will make some progress this week.

UPDATE: I changed my web.config to use my own OwinStarup class, which I inherit from UmbracoDefaultOwinStartup. At the end of my Owin Configuration method (which overrides the one from UmbracoDefaultOwinStartup), I called base.Configuration. I now have front-end authentication using Thinktecture Identity Server and back office authentication using Umbraco's Owin.

• Tony Cheetham 24 posts 134 karma points
    Nov 04, 2015 @ 10:05
    Tony Cheetham

I'm looking to implement identityserver3 as well, and similarly to op I am struggling to get the redirect to fire. Greg, did you actually get the redirect working? Could you share some code please?

• Greg Manrodt 4 posts 96 karma points
    Nov 04, 2015 @ 17:58
    Greg Manrodt

Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to share the code, as it is for a paying client. :)

However, we do have this working correctly. It was simply a matter of creating a Startup class, which inherits from UmbracoDefaultOwinStartup, calls base.Configure, then implements whatever custom Owin configuration you need for external authentication.

Then change your web.config's owin:appStartup appSetting to use your new class.

Nov 04, 2015 @ 18:36
    Tony Cheetham

Thanks for replying Greg, totally understand on the confidentiality. I've posted my code to a seperate thread, could you take a look there and let me know if anything glaring is missing?

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/72664-replacing-umbraco-backend-login-with-openidconnect

Nov 06, 2015 @ 12:22
    Tony Cheetham

Just to share my results, Gregg helped me get this far. Check out this thread for info on how to solve, it basically doesn't redirect if it's missing some of the settings required, even seemingly optional ones like styles and icons!

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/72664-replacing-umbraco-backend-login-with-openidconnect

• Chanan Eli 1 post 71 karma points
    Mar 02, 2016 @ 13:07
    Chanan Eli

Hi I have been searching all day on how to use IdentityServer3 with Umbraco 7 (for the frontend) but nothing seems to work. I only get to the login page I created in Umbraco and not the STS login page.

Can anybody share how they were able to solve this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft