Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andreas Pfanner 196 posts 314 karma points
    Jun 15, 2015 @ 15:04
    Andreas Pfanner

MultiNode Tree Picker + Umbraco Forms -

Hi,

I use Umbraco Forms to create an Umbraco content on submit. The document type I create contains a field with data type Umbraco.MultiNodeTreePicker. On the Form, I use a prevalue datasource (Umbraco Contents) with a Radio Button List in order to choose a single content.

The submit (and creation of the new content) works well, and looking at the ListView I see the correct value on the field with the MultiNodeTreePicker. But when go to the edit page for the content in the backend, the MultiNode tree picker only shows "Add" and the submitted value is not represented.

Why? Does Umbraco Forms save the value in a wrong way, which the MultiNode Tree Picker Editor control cannot pick up?

Best Regards Andreas

Jun 15, 2015 @ 15:19
    Andreas Pfanner

Hi again,

it behaves the same when using Content picker as field type. It seems that Contour saves the text representation (Node name) to the field, but Content Picker / Multi Node Tree Picker expects the id I guess.

How to solve that?

Best Regards ANdreas

Jun 17, 2015 @ 05:49
    Andreas Pfanner

Nobody? Isn't it intended to fill a field of type Content Picker with Umbraco Forms / Contour? Do I have to write a custom page to post the data and implement the logic (get the id of the content for storage from the text value in the Radio Button List) myself? It's the only "problematic" field, all other fields are filled up correctly with the default Create Umbraco Content logic. So it would hurt a little bit to do that because of one field.

Best Regards Andreas

• Matteo Di Mauro 20 posts 73 karma points
    Apr 05, 2019 @ 16:29
    Matteo Di Mauro

Hi Andreas, did you ever find a solution for this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft