Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joshua Buttler 6 posts 47 karma points
    Jun 18, 2015 @ 13:36
    Joshua Buttler

Rich Text Editor - No additional menu/toolbar options showing?

Hello, I just recently started using Umbraco and think it is fantastic. Great job.

I seem to be having an issue getting additional options/button to show up in the Rich Text Editor control. I see that these options should be turned on but the menu/toolbar just stays the same. It could easily just be something I am doing incorrectly as I am just learning to use Umbraco but any help would be much appreciated.

To give some context, this is with a new install using the Fanoe theme package and I will attach some screenshots.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Joshua

enter image description here

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jun 18, 2015 @ 14:01
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Joshua,

What is the first your screen ? Are you sure that this is richtexteditor?

Thanks

• Lawrence Miles 5 posts 45 karma points
    Jun 18, 2015 @ 14:07
    Lawrence Miles

I just posted about this same problem TinyMCE v3 toolbar not functioning properly

Jun 18, 2015 @ 14:25
    Joshua Buttler

Hey Alex, The first screen was the Rich Text Editor with the hover menu but here is a screen shot of the editor without the hover menu if that helps. I am assuming that this is the Rich Text Editor as that as the control I selected and it seems to have the correct label too but being new I could be wrong as well. Thanks for the response and the help. It is much appreciated. :-)

Jun 18, 2015 @ 14:27
    Joshua Buttler

Lawrence that is exactly the same issue I am having as well. I am running it locally in IIS 7, Windows 7 . I should also mention that I am using Chrome (latest) and seem to have the same issue in Firefox (latest) if that helps.

Thanks again!

• Jason 122 posts 637 karma points
    Jun 18, 2015 @ 14:45
    Jason

The options for the rich text editor for the grid layout are not the same as the pre-configured rich text editor data type. I think you might be looking at the wrong data type from what I am seeing in your screen shots. To change the toolbar for the grid layout data type rich text editor you need to go to the Grid Layout data type. For the Fanoe theme there is one that gets pre-configured as Grid Layout. Have a look at that data type in the developer section and you will find the toolbar options near the bottom.

Jun 18, 2015 @ 14:48
    Joshua Buttler

You sir, are a genius. Nailed it. That totally did the trick. :-D

Thanks again!!

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jun 18, 2015 @ 14:49
    Alex Skrypnyk

Jason +1

• Lawrence Miles 5 posts 45 karma points
    Jun 18, 2015 @ 15:04
    Lawrence Miles

Yes sir that was the trick, again +1 to you sir!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft