Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Cyril 1 post 21 karma points
    Jun 18, 2015 @ 14:25
    Cyril

Copy Node (Grid TextPage)

I have a question about copying content from one page to another.

Let's say I have PageA which is of PageType1. One property - Grid TextPage - is called 'content'.

Another PageB is of PageType2 and also has a property - Grid TextPage - called 'content'.

Is it possible to copy the 'content' from PageA to 'content' from PageB?

Thanks in advance.

• Jason 122 posts 637 karma points
    Jun 18, 2015 @ 15:00
    Jason

Are you are trying to move content from one page to another and the content is in a Grid Layout data type? If that is basically what you are trying to accomplish that is not that easy. As you have realize, you cannot just copy paste like you would with a RTE.

If you are only dealing with a small set of data types on your destination page I would suggest a different approach. If you no longer need the source page, PageA, then I would start by deleteing the destination page, PageB, first. Then right click on PageA and from the context menu select Change Document Type. Select the document type you want to change PageA to and update the field mapping if needed. If the field names are the same you might not need to do much. If you do not see the PageType2 as an option make sure that the document type can be added to that part of the content tree. Hope that helps and answers your question.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft