Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fabian 23 posts 103 karma points
    Jun 19, 2015 @ 12:47
    Fabian

How to set the root url when 2 pages on root level?

Hello,

we created a 2nd page at root level. Content structure in Umbraco looks like:

HOME

-- xxx

SUPPORT

-- xxx

Normally the Link to document of the HOME site is “/”. But if we publish the HOME site now, the Link to Document is changed to “/home” and the new SUPPORT page is linked with “/” as our root page. Is there somewhere a setting or config entry to avoid this behavior? After each publish of HOME we always have to publish SUPPORT to, to correct the Link.

Thanks. Regards, fabian

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Jun 19, 2015 @ 13:26
    Dan Lister

Hi Fabian,

You could try adding a hostname to the HOME node via the back office. That should set the hostname to run from the HOME node.

You can do this by right-clicking the HOME node and selecting 'Culture and Hostnames'. Add the hostname to this node and your url should stay the same.

I hope that helps.

Thanks, Dan.

Jun 19, 2015 @ 14:02
    Fabian

Hi Dan,

set a hostame isn't working for me. On my local system I inserted "http://mydomain.de.local/". But after saving, the hostname field is again empty. Maybe because the Language dropdown is empty on my system?!

Think to shift the SUPPORT page below the HOME is the easier solution in my case.

Thanks, fabian

• Comment author was deleted

Jun 19, 2015 @ 13:29

Dan's suggestion above should work. Also consider only placing one node at the root and the rest as children to the home node.

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Jun 19, 2015 @ 14:05
    Dan Lister

Hi Fabian,

I think you'd want to remove the protocol from your entry to get the domain working correctly. So instead of http://mysite.local/, you'll want to enter just mysite.local.

Thanks, dan.

Jun 19, 2015 @ 14:15
    Fabian

Tried both. ;) But after saving the field is empty. Get no error in browser or console.

If I read the documentation both should work.

"DOMAINS

Valid domain names are: "example.com", "www.example.com", "example.com:8080" or "https://www.example.com/". "

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8787 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jun 19, 2015 @ 16:13
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Fabian,

To get languages into the dropdown you need to go to Settings > Languages and add a language (or more).

But I'm not totally convinced that's the cause of the error... can't hurt to try, though :)

/Chriztian

• fatmazayed 41 posts 122 karma points
    Oct 18, 2022 @ 11:37
    fatmazayed

thanks @Chriztian Steinmeier i added different languaage which not implemented and make it as a default language the site gives me that view enter image description here

it ok

but how can i adjust it or create under construction page

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft