Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Isaack Rasmussen 14 posts 34 karma points
    Jun 19, 2015 @ 16:05
    Isaack Rasmussen

Unable to login to backend, constantly getting Session Timeout

After a months usage, I've (suddenly) become unable to login into my Umbracy 7.25(I installed 7.2.4, then did one upgrade without issues).

When accessing the Admin user interface, I get a glimpse of the backend but it then immediately sends me back to the login page with a Session Timeout. The logs write "Login attempt succeeded for username" for both servers. Occassionally, I will get logged in but once I click anything, I get sent back to login. Firefox for some reason seems to be able to handle this slightly better, so I at least browse around the backend with about 10-20 logins per page.

I've not used the server farm web.config settings and its installed on two servers. Despite it working fine for nearly two months, could it be related to these settings? According to my hosting provider, they didn't change anything. And I didn't change anything either between it working and it stop working.

But likely, something did change. Any hints to where I can look? Its still working fine in STG and DEV environments which do not have multiple webservers.

• Michael Hyldsgaard 64 posts 124 karma points
    Jun 19, 2015 @ 18:55
    Michael Hyldsgaard

Maybe check that the server and your local machine time is set correctly?

Jun 19, 2015 @ 19:07
    Isaack Rasmussen

Very good point because it worked before the time saving and I discovered that it stopped working tuesday, so around the summer time saving change.

Now, unfortunately, I don't have access to the servers in any way and I have to go through IT desk based in India through several lays of requests. So I need to be as precise as possible. I think the servers are hosted the US but besides reminding them of summer time changes, any other recommendations?

• skiltz 501 posts 701 karma points
    Jun 19, 2015 @ 19:37
    skiltz

As a temporary measure you can change the umbraco timeout value in the Web.Config.

• skiltz 501 posts 701 karma points
    Jun 19, 2015 @ 19:38
    skiltz
     <add key="umbracoTimeOutInMinutes" value="2880" />

Jun 19, 2015 @ 19:41
    Isaack Rasmussen

Currently, its set to 4 hours. I will try and set it to 48 hours as you suggest.

Jun 30, 2015 @ 07:32
    Isaack Rasmussen

Unfortunately, that didn't help, setting it to 48 hours. If you have any other suggestions, let me know.

Thanks

Jul 20, 2015 @ 08:47
    Isaack Rasmussen

I have still not resolved the issue but I managed to get direct access to one of the load balanced servers and its working without any problems at all when accessing it directly.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft