Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dron 13 posts 33 karma points
    Jun 20, 2015 @ 16:29
    Dron

IIS 8 Express - problem with Umbraco installation

I have faced with some strange problem during the installation that I currently unable to solve.

I use Visual Studio 2013.

1. Empty project was created

2. Umbraco (7.2.6) was added to the solution using NuGet

3. Ctrl+F5 started the project.

I had an installation script started and finished without errors. Though, the "Installation is complete!, get ready to be redirected to your new CMS." is the last message Umbraco displays. Now I can wait for ages for this redirection and it won't happen.

What I tried to do:

a) Took a look to the logs. The last string was "2015-06-20 19:07:19,746 [22] INFO Umbraco.Web.Search.ExamineEvents - [T18/D11] Initializing Examine and binding to business logic events" . There were some minor exceptions before, but I have seen them on working environment also. b) Tried to re-install IIS 8 - didn't solve the problem c) I've tried the similar installation on IIS 8.5 (not Express) - on that server everything works perfect d) Took a look to the system events. Journal says IIS 8 warning message, that the static compression was disabled. That's all, nothing more.

If I restart Visual Studio it seems that the installation process is complete and I can use admin side.

But why this problem during the installation occurs? Have someone seen something like this? I used to install Umbraco before (7.1*) but have not seen such behaviour before.

• Dron 13 posts 33 karma points
    Jun 20, 2015 @ 17:08
    Dron

Ok, what I see now this is the problem with Internet Explorer. Everything works fine with Opera.

My IE version is:

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft