Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Gower 28 posts 74 karma points
    Jun 22, 2015 @ 15:25
    Paul Gower

Audit Trail Logs History Inforamtion

I have done several google searches and even several searches in the Our Umbraco forum which have resulted in little to no information about the Audit Trail functionality in Umbraco.

I have a couple of questions about the Umbraco v7 Audit Trail Functionality:

1. Can someone please help me understand more about the Umbraco Audit Trail basic functionality?
    2. Is there any default functionality around trimming or deleting these audit trails in Umbraco?

I have a client that wants to be able to query audit log data for all time of their website once they go live in production. My hope is that this is the default functionality of Umbraco but please help me understand how I might change this if this is not the case.

Thanks for your help!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 23, 2015 @ 09:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Paul

If you right click a content node in Umbraco then you should be able to see the "Audit trail" option in the context menu that appears.

If you click on it you'll simply see a log of actions that has been made by, which user at what date etc.

These data are of course available in the database so it should be possible to somehow get hold of them for other purposes like displaying them on a dashboard or so.

I don't think that there is any trimming/deleting of these entries out of the box.

Hope this helps a bit.

/Jan

• Faiyazul Haque Noor 2 posts 72 karma points
    Mar 14, 2016 @ 09:07
    Faiyazul Haque Noor

HI Jan, I am having a similar type of requirement where in I have to show audit information for some fields of a node. I want to show previous and current value specific to language and version along with Timestamp when this change happened and who changed it(logged in user) any idea how to fetch it from Umbraco DB and show on screen.

• Paul Gower 28 posts 74 karma points
    Jun 23, 2015 @ 17:13
    Paul Gower

Thanks, Jan. So I don't suppose there is any documentation about this feature or details about what it tracks and when?

• Developer 22 posts 123 karma points
    May 30, 2018 @ 06:55
    Developer

Hi Faiyazul,

Did you find any solution? I have similar requirement of enabling audit trail for some fields in my node.

May 30, 2018 @ 07:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi there

I realize that Faiyazul's question to me is like 2 years old and somehow I missed to reply.

But reading what is being asked for I'm thinking that the Rollback feature is exactly that? Admittedly the interface for the rollback feature could be more friendly but it holds a timestamp of the changes done to a page over time and it's possible to rollback to the site to a previous state etc.

Is this what you're after?

/Jan

• Developer 22 posts 123 karma points
    May 30, 2018 @ 09:51
    Developer

Hi Jan,

Thank you for the quick reply. Basically i have fields for Status and Comment in my content node with other fields. I want to enable chronology kind of functionality for Status and Comment fields so that admin users can identify what and when changes made to these fields.

I checked on Rollback functionality, is there any way to get required data from that and put it in the same node? I also need to get this data through API then after.

May 30, 2018 @ 18:24
    Jan Skovgaard

Sorry...I'm afraid I am a bit clueless about how to approach what you have in mind. I work as a frontend developer on a daily basis and it's been a while since I have been familiar with the backoffice API's and how to extend/modify existing stuff.

But hopefully someone else with more knowledge about this will chime in.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft