Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Justin Mills 1 post 21 karma points
    Jun 23, 2015 @ 10:36
    Justin Mills

Putting the pieces together Haxe and Umbraco?

Hi just looking at umbraco for the first time and don't really have any idea how it works and I am not a c# or js expert, but apparently this complex umbraco is what work are going to use so I should look even though I mostly work on touchscreens. I have faroe running and have looked around a bit.

I wanted to dive in at the deepend mixing it up with tech I do know, maybe coming at the project from my perspective which is probably very different from most, ie I can code but have no idea about the structures and practices used but am used to working within complex structures.

So say I have a some Haxe js code say a fun jigsaw I made a long time ago, I choose this jigsaw example it may not be ideal js but it's fun rather than get into any specific real requirements eg:

https://rawgit.com/Justinfront/Jigsawx/master/deploy/JigsawDivtastic.html

And ideally I would want to feed some parameters to the jigsaw like the image to use and the row and column numbers and overall width and height, I can adjust the Haxe for taking some parameters, and I would need to know what suitable html embed code within the template would be ideal where and how to add the image and the jigsaw.js code.

I noticed some information in relation to integration with typescript but nothing about integration with Haxe so I really wanted to understand a bit more about how I might add this haxe js within a new Faroe page.

So I am hoping for some guidance and direction.

Also wondering about maybe haxe-remoting content between the js and umbraco.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft