Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom 713 posts 954 karma points
    Jun 24, 2015 @ 00:22
    Tom

Regression from umbraco 6 for virtual media folders

Hi All, We use a virtual media folder in our current implementation of v6. We have upgraded to 7.2.4 and it fails because httpcontext is null..

In line 92 of IOHelper.cs you see the following code

if (useHttpContext && HttpContext.Current != null)
            {
                //string retval;
                if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(path) == false && (path.StartsWith("~") || path.StartsWith(SystemDirectories.Root)))
                    return System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPath(path);
                else
                    return System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPath("~/" + path.TrimStart('/'));
            }

Why do they even need the HttpContext.Current != null check here as MapPath will still work even if the HttpContext.Current is null??

Should I be writing a work around in a custom version of PhysicalFileSystem from Core.IO or will this be fixed soonish?

Thanks, Tom

• Robert Foster 459 posts 1820 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jun 24, 2015 @ 00:36
    Robert Foster

My suggestion would be to put this on the issue tracker and maybe submit a pull request against it - most likely to get a dialog happening on this with the Core team....

Jun 24, 2015 @ 00:49
    Tom

Thanks will do that now :)

Where is the issue tracker? GitHub's issues appear to be read only? I posted in our.umbraco.org bugs is that the correct spot?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jun 24, 2015 @ 03:00
    Tom Fulton

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the confusion, the issue tracker is here and is a better place to report bugs: http://issues.umbraco.org

I'm curious what problems you're running into, though? On a 7.1.6 install (code looks the same), we're able to run /media/ as a virtual directory that points to a file share via UNC, and doesn't seem to have any problems.

-Tom

Jun 24, 2015 @ 03:10
    Tom

Hi Tom, UNC paths are fine. It's when you want to step outside the web root to resolve something like ~/media

because HttpContext.Current is null in the media section of the umbraco admin when you upload a file, you never get this line hit:

if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(path) == false && (path.StartsWith("~") || path.StartsWith(SystemDirectories.Root)))
                return System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPath(path);

So it means that the file gets uploaded to

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft