Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Nielsen 159 posts 257 karma points
    Jun 24, 2015 @ 14:10
    Peter Nielsen

Image Cropper for umbracoFile

Hi people

In the Umbraco 7 native Image Cropper, it seems that I have to upload the file again (not like in the old days, where it took the file from umbracoFile).

Does anybody know what happens if I remove umbracoFile and replace with imagecropper?

My client have allready 500+ images uploaded and assigned to products, but now they want cropped files. So is there an easy way, or is there another Image Cropper? :)

Cheers

Peter

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 24, 2015 @ 14:18
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Peter,

I think you need to switch umbracoFile from upload to ImageCropper, then you can install my Crop Healer package and hopefully it will update all of the images for you.

I would highly recommend backing up your database first and trying the process on a development environment first before running in production.

Jeavon

Jun 24, 2015 @ 14:24
    Peter Nielsen

So what does the Crop Healer do? Change all the values from a url-string to the imagecropper json, without losing the url? :)

Jun 24, 2015 @ 14:29
    Jeavon Leopold

Yes it does. Also if you already have a ImageCropper but change the prevalues, e.g. the size of a predefined crop, it will go through and update all of the json throughout

Jun 24, 2015 @ 14:30
    Jeavon Leopold

You will of course need to update your render code to use GetCropUrl if you want to utilise the new crop

Jun 24, 2015 @ 15:47
    Peter Nielsen

Hi Jeavon

It seemed to work :) Actually I don't know if I needed the Crop Healer package, but I can't hurt i guess :)

Thank you :)

/Peter

Jun 24, 2015 @ 15:50
    Jeavon Leopold

Well, when you initially change it over from Upload to ImageCropper the GetCropUrl also has a string extension method so it defaults to using that on the non-updated properties before they are switched to using json when a item is saved.

Depends on your implementation if that is going to be a issue or not...

• Robert J. Bullock 386 posts 405 karma points
    Jan 18, 2017 @ 18:16
    Robert J. Bullock

I realize this thread is very old, but I don't see a way to switch the datatype of my field on my Media itemtype. Is that even possible?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft