Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mark 9 posts 63 karma points
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 01:26
    mark

Multinode Treepicker show options without searching

I would like my Multinode Treepicker to show the available options be default when trying to make a selection. For some reason the user has to always enter text and search for a value

Site Structure

Each Product can have 1 or more Product Categories linked to it

Product Category Multinode Treepicker

Node Type: Content

Root node: Shared Data > Product Categories (selected using the content picker)

Thanks

• Phill 115 posts 288 karma points
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 04:10
    Phill

My guess is that you have your "Product Category" node set as a "list view". The list view looks great but is rather useless if you ever need to select any of the nodes in it. If you disable the list view option your users should be able to see the tree populated with options. If it doesn't have list view enabled I'm not quite sure what's going on.

I won't even go on about how I disagree with this behaviour, it's been discussed on issue tracker and the umbraco devs won, I just don't use this feature because of this limitation (a real shame imo).

• mark 9 posts 63 karma points
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 05:09
    mark

I am using a list view and changing it back does work.

I was getting confused because in each site i have another list view that i am using in the same way. When i log in as a users who's root node is the site they see a list of values and don't have to search. When i log in as an Administrator i need to search

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 07:11
    Dave Woestenborghs

If you still want to use a list view, maybe it's an idea to replace the Multi node tree picker with nuPickers.

I wrote a article on skrift on replacing the multinode tree picker with nuPickers.

http://skrift.io/articles/archive/the-king-is-dead-long-live-the-king/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft