Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom 713 posts 954 karma points
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 04:03
    Tom

Migrate DB from v6.2.4 to v7.2.6

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade from 6.2.4 to 7.2.6 and running in to the following.

I've read the forums about running the constraint removal scripts but none of them fix the issue.

The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: Invalid column name 'controlId'. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/App_Data/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt')

Cheers, Tom

Jun 25, 2015 @ 04:48
    Tom

I've also tried a straight upgrade from 6.2.4 to 7.2.6 and the db upgrade fails consistently with an exception letting me know I need to look at the umbracolog and the error in the log tells me to look at the umbraco log with no further detail so it doesn't help.

We're trying to maintain content across 6.2.4 -> 7.2.6 or find a way of transferring data between the two but courier, upgrades and migrations don't seem to work at all.

• Steven Harland 78 posts 518 karma points c-trib
    Jul 31, 2015 @ 13:38
    Steven Harland

Hi Tom,

Did you get anywhere with this?

I'm experiencing the same issue.

Thanks.

Steven.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 31, 2015 @ 14:05
    Aug 02, 2015 @ 23:50
    Tom

We went a long-winded way and tried a couple of approaches to get it working..

If you run it the first time it fails. Then click go back and run again and it works.. (I'm very skeptical of this.. it seems super dodgy)

The other way we found to get it working was to: 1. run the upgrade and let it fail 2. install a fresh v7 umbraco somewhere else and do a schema compare in something like DB Ghost or VS Sql Server tools and get it to script out changes 3. Run those schema changes

If there were any data changes we'd obviously lose them which is pretty poor.

We haven't found a good way to get this working. Combine this with courier sadness and it has been a frustrating week

• Steven Harland 78 posts 518 karma points c-trib
    Aug 11, 2015 @ 15:18
    Steven Harland

In my case I was upgrading from 6.2.4 to 7.2.8. I found that upgrading to 7.2.4 worked without errors, as did going from there to 7.2.8.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft