Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bilal khan 35 posts 58 karma points
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 16:02
    Bilal khan

Umbraco 7 backoffice login stopped working suddenly

Hi,

This issues has been driving me crazy now. The backoffice was working perfectly fine but suddenly It stopped and I keep getting Login failed for user.

I created a new user in the database, have tried userNoConsole 0 or False but nothing seems to be working!

Looking at fiddler I get 400 bad request error. Some people suggested to clear icURL tracker table but I can't seem to find it in SQl studio.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.!!!

Thanks Adnan

• Neil Hodges 338 posts 987 karma points
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 17:20
    Neil Hodges

Hi

I think ive had this problem before. I deleted everything in my TEMP folder and then reset IIS and it's APP POOL

From what i remember it sorted it out.

Kind Regards

Neil.

Jun 26, 2015 @ 09:19
    Bilal khan

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the response.

Tried that and it didn't work. I think the backend login stopped working after I added 301 redirect rule to add trailing slashes to every URL.

I have taken the rule out cleared the cache reset the app pool but nothing seems to work.

Kind regards, Adnan

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jun 26, 2015 @ 09:20
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Adnan,

You can get this situation if something wrong with connection string, is it ok ?

Thanks, Alex

Jun 26, 2015 @ 10:07
    Bilal khan

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your response!

I have used three different connection strings pointing to three different databases/servers and plus everything was working so I don't think connection string would have something to do with it.

Regards AD

Jun 26, 2015 @ 14:59
    Bilal khan

Ok I found answer to my own question basically the 301 redirect rule to add trailing slashes to all URL's were breaking the back office login.

I removed the rule but before i changes the password manually in the table and apparently Umbraco doesn;t like that. So if you go into DB and change password Umbraco wont; take it which is pretty strange!

So I used the Database where the passwords werent changed manually and removed the redirect rule and all worked.

BUt now the dilemma is that I want to add trailing slashes if they are not there and dont know how to do it without breaking the back office but I guess have to raise a separate question for that issue.

Thanks all for trying to answer.

Regards Ad

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft