Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jaco steketee 30 posts 187 karma points
    Jun 26, 2015 @ 09:25
    jaco steketee

unable to publish, button turns gray and not saving changes

Please, can somone help me out here. I have created a webpage in umbraco. Everything worked fine i though. until i uploaded and tried to make some modifications.

Although im logged in as administrator, with all rights. When i make a change the site says publishing and the button turns grayish and it looks like the process hangs. Changes are not saved Also when i try to create a new user, theres no user being generated. if you have an idea please tell me or if i have to upload more information. enter image description here

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 26, 2015 @ 10:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jaco and welcome to our :)

Have you double checked the permissions at the disk level? I suspect that if you go to the browsers "console log" you'll see an error with the error code 500? If so then you need to make sure that permissions have been setup correctly.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jun 26, 2015 @ 10:54
    jaco steketee

Hi Jan,

Great Thanks :)

Ive checked the console log when i try to publish and get the following error (which includes a 500 error) Can you please tell me where to go from here?

enter image description here

Jun 26, 2015 @ 10:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jaco

I'm not really a permission guru but what usually works for me is this approach. It can probably be done differently.

You should make sure that the network service and iusr accounts have sufficient permissions from the folder containing your umbraco installation and down to the lowest level.

Does this make any sense?

/Jan

Jun 26, 2015 @ 11:42
    jaco steketee

Thanks again Jan, i gave full control rights to the folders.

but... still getting an error. It strats with the 500 error and then this. Do you please have any idea what i can do?

POST http://domain.subdomain.nl/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/PostSave 500 (Internal Server Error)$get.id @ DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY28vbGliL2pxdWVyeS9qcXVlcnkubWluLmpzOy91bWJyYWNvL2xpYi9hbmd1bGFyLzE…:16o @ DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY28vbGliL2pxdWVyeS9qcXVlcnkubWluLmpzOy91bWJyYWNvL2xpYi9hbmd1bGFyLzE…:14$get.g @ DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY28vbGliL2pxdWVyeS9qcXVlcnkubWluLmpzOy91bWJyYWNvL2xpYi9hbmd1bGFyLzE…:14j.promise.then.i @ DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY28vbGliL2pxdWVyeS9qcXVlcnkubWluLmpzOy91bWJyYWNvL2xpYi9hbmd1bGFyLzE…:14j.promise.then.i @ DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY28vbGliL2pxdWVyeS9qcXVlcnkubWluLmpzOy91bWJyYWNvL2xpYi9hbmd1bGFyLzE…:14(anonymous function) @ DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY28vbGliL2pxdWVyeS9qcXVlcnkubWluLmpzOy91bWJyYWNvL2xpYi9hbmd1bGFyLzE…:14$get.e.$eval @ DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY28vbGliL2pxdWVyeS9qcXVlcnkubWluLmpzOy91bWJyYWNvL2xpYi9hbmd1bGFyLzE…:14$get.e.$digest @ DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY28vbGliL2pxdWVyeS9qcXVlcnkubWluLmpzOy91bWJyYWNvL2xpYi9hbmd1bGFyLzE…:14$get.e.$apply @ DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY28vbGliL2pxdWVyeS9qcXVlcnkubWluLmpzOy91bWJyYWNvL2xpYi9hbmd1bGFyLzE…:14(anonymous function) @ DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY28vbGliL2pxdWVyeS9qcXVlcnkubWluLmpzOy91bWJyYWNvL2xpYi9hbmd1bGFyLzE…:42x.event.dispatch @ DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY28vbGliL2pxdWVyeS9qcXVlcnkubWluLmpzOy91bWJyYWNvL2xpYi9hbmd1bGFyLzE…:2x.event.add.y.handle @ DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY28vbGliL2pxdWVyeS9qcXVlcnkubWluLmpzOy91bWJyYWNvL2xpYi9hbmd1bGFyLzE…:2 DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY28vbGliL2pxdWVyeS9qcXVlcnkubWluLmpzOy91bWJyYWNvL2xpYi9hbmd1bGFyLzE…:12 TypeError: data.indexOf is not a function

Jun 26, 2015 @ 11:48
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jaco

Ok, then it might be some weird backoffice caching issue.

Could you try going to the /config/ClientDependency.config file and then go to the "version" attribute and bump up the number then hit save and then recycle the app pool.

This will bust the Umbraco backoffice cache.

Also try clearing your browser cache or launch in incognito mode - Not that it's related to clearing the backoffice cache but it's another step worth doing just to be able to rule that out too in case things still don't work. If it works then it's most likely bumping the client dependency version that has done the trick.

Does that help any?

/Jan

Jun 27, 2015 @ 09:58
    jaco steketee

Hi Jan,

No sorry that didnt work. Does it matter with howmuch i bump the version attribute? i added 1, then recyled the app pool. Also cleared cookies, cache and ran in incognito mode.

After that it didnt work and i saw there was an update available. so i installed that hoping that would help ..but no luck :(

Have you got any idea what i can do next?

Thanks alot for helping me out though! you're great!

Jaco

Jun 29, 2015 @ 08:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jaco

No it does not matter about the number - Just the change really.

Hmm, I'm afraid that I'm out of ideas on what you should try out next unfortunately.

Perhaps double check that all files have been deployed correctly from local to live? What is your deploy process like?

/Jan

Jun 29, 2015 @ 08:24
    jaco steketee

Hi Jan, Again thanks a lot lot all your effort though.

I have rebuild the entire site (luckally a could copy paste a lot)

When i was halfway there i thought well, lets make a backup :) i stopped webmatrix backupped my files and then... i saw that almost none of my work was saved... I think it is some kind of very annoying issue with webmatrix, i reinstalled umbraco under iis and now everything went well.

Website is up and running :):)

Jun 29, 2015 @ 08:31
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jaco

You're weclome - Aaaah, ok. Happy to hear you got it sorted!

There is a known issue about this, which has been reported here http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4621 - However I'm not sure it's something that the HQ can do anything about since I suspect it's an issue that Microsoft perhaps needs to deal with.

But it's been logged so HQ at least are aware about it.

Happy umbracoing! :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft