Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Saied 349 posts 674 karma points
    Jun 30, 2015 @ 19:15
    Saied

Create a dropdown from a navigation link click?

I would like to create a link in my navigation menu and when the link is clicked, it does not go to a landing page, but it eases down a form, for example a login link that shows a login form? I am not sure how to do this.

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jun 30, 2015 @ 19:36
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Saied,

What you can do is hardcode a link that should trigger the login form in the navigation. And for link text you could use a dictionary item, if you are working with multilingual website.

To make the overlay with the HTML markup to the login form you could e.g use the jqModal, I have used it for a project some time ago.

Here are some examples of the overlays that you can make with the jqModal http://jquery.iceburg.net/jqModal/#examples

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Jason Prothero 422 posts 1243 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jun 30, 2015 @ 19:44
    Jason Prothero

Yea, the behavior is simply managed on the front-end by javascript and CSS. Think of Umbraco as simply building the markup(HTML) correctly so that you can use it in your javascript/css.

• Saied 349 posts 674 karma points
    Jun 30, 2015 @ 19:51
    Saied

I don't want to have a search that searches the contents of the site. I want a search form that when search is clicked, it will hit a database and return results that I can render on a page (a products page for example). Does this make it different or is this built in? An example would be searching for Toyota Camry for the Year 2005 and then only seeing those on a page that displays them.

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jun 30, 2015 @ 20:03
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Saied,

I think that you reply to the wrong thread that said with the package I provide to you it will on search when you click search or enter, with some text into the search form.

For an example on use the ezSearch package have a look at this page, http://www.aller-aqua.com/

As you can see you have a search form in the top right corner. When you search the results comes on a desperate page. Try to type in About Aller Aqua in the search field, then you should get some search results.

Hope this can give you an idea on how it works

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft