Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Saied 349 posts 674 karma points
    Jul 01, 2015 @ 13:08
    Saied

Does Umbraco come with a built in user api to manage public facing users?

If I want to setup a user registration and login page for public facing users, is this something Umbraco provides through the backoffice or do I have to build something from the bottom?

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 06, 2015 @ 14:27
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Saied,

In Umbraco there are some Razor code snippets for setup a user registration and login page. Go to the developer section in the partial view macro files folder create a new file.

In there you will see a dropdown with Razor code snippets called choose a code snippet in there you will find code snippet for Login form and register a member form.

Also if you have access to the Umbraco TV. I think this video would be a good idea to watch http://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/content-editor/administrative-content/members/role-based-protection/

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 06, 2015 @ 14:30
    Ismail Mayat

Saied,

Umbraco has the concept of users this is for backoffice access to create content, media coding etc users are created from backoffice in the users section.

It also has concept of members which is for public access to secure parts of your site e.g you are creating an extranet with secure pages and site user has to be logged in. You can create members from the members section in the backoffice you can also write razor and .net code to create member registration and login etc. In v7 when creating macros there are templates for member stuff it has ones for log / register member and login status.

Regards

Ismail

• Saied 349 posts 674 karma points
    Jul 06, 2015 @ 14:32
    Saied

Ismail,

Thanks for this info.

So v7 has stuff that I can already use for login and registration of members?

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 06, 2015 @ 14:45
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Saied,

Yes try to follow my last post then you should be able to find code snippets for this build in Razor.

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft