Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Miller 1 post 21 karma points
    Jul 06, 2015 @ 19:52
    Chris Miller

Session timeout on a brand new install

So, I am brand new to Umbraco. However, I've tried to install this 2 different ways and I've had no success. The first way was using the Web platform installer and second and most recent being a manual extraction. So each time I get this "No url found for api name legacyTreeJs" console error on the login screen. The logs show my login was successfull but I can't seem to figure out what I'm missing.

This is a fresh install so it is version 7.2.6 which should fix this problem...

Any help?enter image description here

• Dave Shipston 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 09, 2015 @ 10:57
    Dave Shipston

Same here!

I've a fresh install of 7.2.6 and when I try to log in to the back end, I get instantly kicked out with a message saying the my session has timed out.

Web.config has the session timeout set to 20 minutes so it's not that.

I also get the "No url found for api name legacyTreeJs".

Error/Issue report attached

error report txt

• Dave Shipston 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 09, 2015 @ 11:40
    Dave Shipston

Wahoo! Just sorted out my problem!!

Originally I followed the Umbraco instructions for a manual install and all went well up until I tried to login.

Then, as these instructions told me to create a 'virtual directory' under the 'Default Website' in IIS, I decided to try adding it as a 'New Website' in IIS instead.

As I've no other sites running on my server and this server will be dedicated to my Umbraco CMS, I wasn't worried about affecting the default IIS website.

The result is, I now have a fully functional version of Umbraco on the root of my server.

Phew! Hope this helps out others.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft