Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Zweben 268 posts 753 karma points
    Jul 07, 2015 @ 12:41
    David Zweben

Need to host one Umbraco Installation across multiple locations

Hello.

We are going to be building a large corporate website for a multinational company. It's going to consist of a large central batch of content in a main Umbraco database, which will be available for 'a-la-carte' use by a set of region-specific pages, by picking and choosing items via the Umbraco backoffice. One of the central project requirements is that these region-specific pages are hosted locally to their region (no way around this, it's a core requirement), each with their own domain name.

I'm only concerned with the frontend, and that these regional sections look like normal local sites from a user/search engine perspective. How can we set up a single Umbraco installation which includes sections that have their front-end hosted in different locations from the server on which Umbraco is installed?

Just to throw a couple thoughts out there:

• Could we set up some sort of public-facing proxy server which requests the content from the main server and serves it to the user via the local intermediary server? Could this be made to look like a normal site from a user and search engine perspective?

• I think we could set up some sort of bare-bones Umbraco installation at each location, that the main Umbraco installation somehow 'pushes' content to. My big concern here would be having keep multiple Umbraco installations up-to-date and on the same version, though, which would be very difficult for us.

• Maybe there is some sort of system that will handle this for us automatically, like the ones used for load-balancing large sites?

Any thoughts, suggestions, or relevant links would be greatly appreciated.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft