Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ram 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jul 07, 2015 @ 13:10
    ram

How to publish an Umbraco website using Visual Studio in local and server

Hi ,

i am using Umbraco 7.2.5. I successfully complete the project. Now its time to deploying the website. I try to deploy it locally using Visual studio 2012. but it wont deployed well.

After first time deploying it shows a blank page in the published URL. after searching some site i found a solution, They told copy and paste the view pages from source to wwwroot folder.

After did that , my site showing only words and links, It wont display any styles and images.

Actually the problem is while deploying some folders and files are not published. I saw a similar case in below link

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/52731-how-to-publish-without-missing-files-no-content-etc

This link also don't give the solution. Please any one send the solution to publish the Umbraco website

Jul 08, 2015 @ 12:35
    ram

Hi,

please any one post the solution. Its very urgent.

Jul 10, 2015 @ 11:19
    ram

Hi ,

I found one solution for deploying Umbraco website in local server.

Simply create a website under site folder in IIS

And in basic settings of the website give the my folder location , after that i run that site my umbraco website is running on that created sitename in my computer.

so i don't do any deployment(web deploy/ftp/file system) in my visual studio

but my task is completed. I published my site in a local sytem.

i don't know it give any problem or not but now it working fine for me.

can you tell me if any problem will come in future and

similarly i can deploy it in a live server

waiting for your reply

thanks

ram

• James 251 posts 1169 karma points
    Jul 10, 2015 @ 13:52
    James

Hello,

When i develop locally. I simply create a site in IIS and point it at the the website folder within the Visual Studio solution (give it all the correct permissions and modify the .hosts file with 127.0.0.1 > local site domain).

That way you dont have to build + deploy/ publish the project in order to test any new code.

All you have to do is hit build. And then refresh the browser with the url you have created for the site.

Like:

mysite.local/

Hope this helps

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft