Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jake williamson 207 posts 873 karma points
    Jul 09, 2015 @ 08:25
    jake williamson

how to use 'RedirectToAction' in a controller that inherits from 'RenderMvcController'?

hey out there,

hit a weird one: we've a site where each doctype has it's own controller. each controller inherits from 'RenderMvcController'.

i'm trying to call 'RedirectToAction' to move from one controller to another and it's failing with a 'No route in the route table matches the supplied values.' ysod.

this is the set up for controller one:

public class BasketController : RenderMvcController
    {
        [HttpGet]
        public ActionResult Index(BasketViewModel model)
        {
            var viewModel = ViewModelFactory.Create<BasketViewModel>(model.Content);

return CurrentTemplate(viewModel);
        }
    }

and this is controller two, the one were i'm trying to redirect back to controller one:

public class CheckoutController : RenderMvcController
    {
        [HttpGet]
        public ActionResult Index(BasketViewModel model)
        {
            var viewModel = ViewModelFactory.Create<CheckoutViewModel>(model.Content);

if (viewModel.Basket.TotalItemQuantity == 0) return RedirectToAction("Index", "Basket", new {area = ""});

return CurrentTemplate(viewModel);
        }
    }

i've seen a couple of suggestions online to do 'return Redirect("~/basket");' which seems clunky and i'm not a big fan of the url being hardcoded?

is 'RedirectToAction' possible in the way i'm trying?

any suggestions would be grand!

cheers,

jake

• Carl Jackson 139 posts 478 karma points
    Jul 09, 2015 @ 12:41
    Carl Jackson

AFAIK umbraco uses its own routing which will break the route table for RedirectToAction().

It is maybe that there is no catch all {controller}/{action} route? but I'm not familiar with the core...

This article seems to have info aboput registering routes without breaking the Umbraco routing. http://shazwazza.com/post/custom-mvc-routes-within-the-umbraco-pipeline/

Or - if the checkout page exists in Umbraco can you not do something like

var checkoutPage = Umbraco.Content(123); //checkout page id here

return Redirect(checkoutPage.Url);

Thanks

Carl

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft