Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eiki 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 09, 2015 @ 21:37
    Eiki

Content disappers on frontend every day

When content is modified in back office it appears directly on the frontend.

a. But every morning the frontend shows old version of content (cache from when the page was published) this happend when i had no XmlCacheEnabled and ContinouslyUpdateXmlDiskCache settings in umbracoSettings.config

b. When i added this to umbracoSettings.config

then every morning is shows a "no content has been published yet" error message.

Any ideas?

I,m using Version:7.2.5

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 10, 2015 @ 09:09
    Ismail Mayat

Eiki,

Can you check you file permissions also take a look at the umbraco log file in app_data folder see if any errors.

Regards

Ismail

Jul 10, 2015 @ 09:18
    Eiki

Logs shows:

INFO Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 11] Application shutdown. Reason: HostingEnvironment

seconds before:

WARN Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule - [Thread 3] Umbraco has no content

Jul 10, 2015 @ 13:33
    Eiki

files have write permission. Every time the app pool is recycled the content disappers

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jul 10, 2015 @ 16:30
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Eiki

Can you try giving full permission for the network service and iusr accounts and see if that helps any?

What do you see in the /App_Data/umbraco.config file once the app pool has been recycled?

/Jan

Jul 10, 2015 @ 16:51
    Eiki

The file had date modification since few days ago and old data, since i added XmlCacheEnabled false to umbracoSettings.config file.

I also found this error in the logs after publish in back office. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.ToXml(XmlDocument xd, Boolean Deep) at umbraco.content.PublishNodeDo(Document d, XmlDocument xmlContentCopy, Boolean updateSitemapProvider) at umbraco.content.UpdateDocumentCache(Document d) at Umbraco.Web.Cache.PageCacheRefresher.Refresh(IContent instance)

I removed the XmlCacheEnabled and ContinouslyUpdateXmlDiskCache settings from config file.

and published one page in back office that generated new umbraco.config

now when the app pool is reclycled it displays latest data.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 15, 2015 @ 11:43
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I think you might've been affected by the bug we just fixed in 7.2.7, would be great if you could try and upgrade to that version: https://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/727

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft