Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bruno 23 posts 53 karma points
    Jul 10, 2015 @ 10:35
    Bruno

Simple gallery with "View Count"

i am in the process of moving an old asp.net to umbraco. I need to have a gallery in umbraco. Using Imageprocessor i got my thumbnails, and it is easy to use razor for paging/filering/sorting.

However i can't find a way to get a "view count" on media item, what i want is when a user click a thumbnail, the image open full in modal window, then the view count for that image increase. the user would also be able to go left-right, showing/increasing view count of right-left images.

i thought about extending the request pipeline to get this done, but i feel thus is overdoing it, beside it is complicated and not much docs offered.

Then i thought about having a js script that fire an ajax request for a web api handler or web service, then use the media api to update my media items (i would have to add property "ViewCount", or anything custom in backoffice).

I am pretty new to this, umbraco allow us to do one thing in many ways, any experienced can guide us of the prefered way to handle this case. Also is there an up to date module to achieve this ?

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft