Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tony Groome 261 posts 804 karma points
    Jul 10, 2015 @ 11:20
    Tony Groome

Http 500 Internal Server Error

Hi All

I have been trying to publish an intranet for days now! I have set the hosts file to itself, ie the intranet is set to the server's ip address, so I can ping it. It won't display in the browser though, with or without WebMatrix running. The project (and WebMatrix) have been copied to the server, the project lives in the wwwroot folder and the security settings of all the folders have been set to all for IIS_USERS. enter image description here

Any ideas?

Thanks. Tony

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 10, 2015 @ 12:02
    Ismail Mayat

Tony,

Can you check iis logs, windows logs and umbraco logs see if there is more detailed information. Also the app pool which version of .net is it running under and what account?

Regards

Ismail

• MuirisOG 382 posts 1284 karma points
    Jul 10, 2015 @ 12:40
    MuirisOG

Did you copy your database as well? How is that set up? Does the web.config on the server have the right details for your database?

Does the host file contain the loopback address or is it the IP address you see on the network?

As Ismail said, make sure your Application Pool has appropriate permissions.

• Tony Groome 261 posts 804 karma points
    Jul 10, 2015 @ 13:07
    Tony Groome

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

To get the project onto the server I copied it over and installed WebMatrix so I could run it locally. I tried to publish it but couldn't through WebMatrix. So then I decided to try IIS. I'm using IIS8 and .Net version 4.

I have checked all the logs and there are no errors there. It's using the CE database which was copied over with the project. The hostfile contains the ip address of the server, so in a way it's pinging itself! I gave all folders IIS_USER permissions too.

Tony

• MuirisOG 382 posts 1284 karma points
    Jul 13, 2015 @ 17:07
    MuirisOG

Hi Tony,

I've referred to this page myself a few times - it's really useful, but have a look at the page below, especially the section about the setPermissions.bat file. This grants permissions to the appPool account.

https://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/how-to-install-umbraco-on-windows-server-2008

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft