Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jesper Ordrup 1019 posts 1528 karma points MVP
    Jul 10, 2015 @ 16:03
    Jesper Ordrup

"Publish at" gives error: "oops this document is published but not in the cache"

This is a v7 on a regular IIS hosting with SQL server 12

Steps to reproduce:

1. create new node
    2. set the publish at date and time
    3. save
    4. wait for it
    5. wait for it ...
    6. Refreshing backend to check status of node
    7. Instead of url we get this: "oops this document is published but not in the cache"

Any cure for this?

best Jesper

• Chris Lord 58 posts 211 karma points
    Jul 10, 2015 @ 16:06
    Chris Lord

I am seeing this a lot in 7.3.0, i found that "republish entire site" seems to resolve this, give that a go.

Jul 10, 2015 @ 16:10
    Jesper Ordrup

Hi @Chris

Thanks for tip.

This might solve the problem to get the doc in cache. Problem is then I have to be there... but it will not help me when I've scheduled a publish of a page.

best Jesper

• Chris Lord 58 posts 211 karma points
    Jul 10, 2015 @ 16:17
    Chris Lord

Sorry, I mean do the "republish entire site" once, and then after that it seems to "publish at" when expected?

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Jul 10, 2015 @ 16:20
    Nicholas Westby

I don't think this is necessarily related to "publish at". A coworker created a node yesterday and on initial publish it said "this document is published but not in the cache". After a second publish, it showed the URL. This was with Umbraco 7.2.6.

Jul 10, 2015 @ 16:23
    Jesper Ordrup

Ahhh.. Thx Chris!

Actually did the trick ...

Thank you!!

Now Im just wondering how long one "republish entire site" lasts .. if it can be counted on at all :-D

best Jesper

Jul 10, 2015 @ 16:31
    Jesper Ordrup

It's already not working again :(

Jul 10, 2015 @ 16:42
    Jesper Ordrup

Created a bug report. pls vote here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6819

• Casey Whitlock 2 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 21, 2015 @ 17:44
    Casey Whitlock

Had this exact issue with several instances in our environment. Essentially sites would begin 404'ing and we would get the "oops this document is published but not in the cache" error in the properties tab for a site.

The fix the developer proposed in the issue tracking solved it for us. The Umbraco.config file was not updating. We followed these steps to resolve:

1) Stop the site in IIS 2) Delete the Umbraco.config file (create a backup as well). 3) Start the site in IIS 4) The Umbraco.config is recreated and reflects new content. The config file is now being updated each time a site is saved and published and reflecting new content.

-It was not a permissions issue. We have not determined why this desync occurred.

• James 251 posts 1169 karma points
    Sep 21, 2015 @ 21:41
    James

Hello,

Is the site load balanced or on multiple instances ? We've had this issue befor and had to make some changes to the web.config for umbraco to work on multiple instances

Failing that. You can do as the above poster stated and delete your umbraco config.xml and restart the site .

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft