Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mandy Iles 6 posts 46 karma points
    Jul 14, 2015 @ 08:29
    mandy Iles

Changing URL name

Need basic halep with changing URL for my lading page. I'm not a coder and only use the CMS in the most basic form but need help urgently! I have created the landing page (that I dont want to appear on the website navigation) and in the "properties" section, the "link to document" is displayed. I want to change this to an easy name and not sure how to do it. Have tried the URL name change and URL alias fields (simply entering in the name I would like) but doesnt seem to work. Should I be using the re-direct buttons?

• Nik 1608 posts 7234 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jul 14, 2015 @ 08:35
    Nik

Hi Mandy,

Can you give an example of the current URL and what you are trying to change it to?

Jul 14, 2015 @ 08:40
    mandy Iles

Hi Nik - yes - current URL is www.embermarketing.com/httpember-livecloudappnetfmcg/ and I would like to change it to: www.embermarketing.com/f&b

• Stefano Beretta 101 posts 246 karma points
    Jul 14, 2015 @ 08:47
    Stefano Beretta

Hi Mandy, you can use the urlRewriting.config file in the /Config folder.

It's very simple and you can find an example and some explanation into the file.

Hope this help,

S

Jul 14, 2015 @ 08:48
    Nik

So I've done something similar to this recently, my link to this document did read "/news/ThisIsASampleStoryPage"

I then changes the URL Friendly Name, clicked save and publish (note the publish is key here). Then refreshed the page and it had changed to the attached.

Post Friendly Name Change

Have you definitely been doing the publish when you've saved?

Jul 14, 2015 @ 09:12
    mandy Iles

Thanks Nik - think it was the refresh I was missing! all sorted

Jul 14, 2015 @ 09:15
    Nik

No Problem, pleased to be of help. I think I've fallen down on that a few times in the past. It's a good thing to remember that if something hasn't changed refresh the page again and see if it's just the page telling you the wrong info.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft