Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mandy Iles 6 posts 46 karma points
    Jul 14, 2015 @ 15:06
    mandy Iles

editing our company address at bottom of website

We need to change our company address which appears across the bottom of every page of the website. I cant find this section in the CMS anywhere - has anyone got any ideas (Im not a coder by the way - only a basic cms content knowledge)

• Nik 1608 posts 7234 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jul 14, 2015 @ 15:15
    Nik

Hi Mandy,

It depends how your pages have been set up. If they all use a common layout file then you may need to change it there. Another possibility (and something I generally like to do) is on your Home page have a "Company Details" tab and put the properties for things like that on there to make editing them easier.

I would start with looking at your home page document type and seeing what layout (template) it uses. Then I'd look at the layout code and see if you can see the address written in there.

Jul 14, 2015 @ 15:49
    mandy Iles

Thanks Nik - found it in the settings templates code.

• Gary Devenay 39 posts 245 karma points
    Jul 14, 2015 @ 15:26
    Gary Devenay

Hi Mandy,

Assuming your admin account has access to the 'Settings' tab and your templates are set up in a reusable fashion - you should be able to follow these steps:

1. Click 'Settings' on the left hand menu
    2. Expand the 'Templates' folder
    3. Select the top level template (Usually called Master)
    4. Scroll to the bottom of this template, where you should hopefully find your company address details

As all Umbraco websites are unique, it is difficult for us to give you exact instructions. But the above would be quite a standard implementation.

Hope this helps

Gary

Jul 14, 2015 @ 15:48
    mandy Iles

Fantastic - got it thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft