Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew Burgess 14 posts 73 karma points
    Jul 15, 2015 @ 14:29
    Andrew Burgess

Umbraco Forms posting back whenever AJAX is fired.

Hey there.

So we have a bunch of webForms usercontrols added to a page. There user controls all Ajax-ify each other and everything was working perfectly... until I installed Umbraco Forms.

Now, when I add a form to the page via a macro, a lot of the AJAX is either breaking, or the form is being submitted every..single..time I perform an action. For laughs, I removed all validation from the form I create and I received an email for every single button click that I performed.

Is Forms just simply not compatible with web forms / having a global form tag that surrounds the page.

Cheers

Andy

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 15, 2015 @ 15:22
    Ismail Mayat

Andy,

You one master form tag that encompasses all the usercontrols that may be causing the issue? May be also need to use validation groups?

Regards

Ismail

Jul 15, 2015 @ 15:25
    Andrew Burgess

It does seem to be the form tag that causes an issue. When I move the macro outside of the form tag, all is ok, but this unfortunately isn't a practical solution (the form tag needs to surround all the content and I can't have the forms appearing first thing inside the body ;) ).

Not sure how to get Forms working within a form tag. I believe contour used to work as it had both a macro partial and a user control, but no such joy with forms.

• Ryios 122 posts 263 karma points
    Jul 16, 2015 @ 03:00
    Ryios

I would place my bets on Umbraco Forms not supporting asp.net webforms since webforms wraps the whole page in one form.

Forms works fine for us in MVC and we don't have the issue with any of our MVC forms, but they are actual forms as MVC doesn't have the form tag around the page.

Jul 16, 2015 @ 08:50
    Andrew Burgess

Yeah, that unfortunately seems to be the case.

The only solution I've come up with at the moment, is to create a seperate template that has no

tag, and then iFraming these forms back into the other templates. Not ideal, but as I can't get rid of that main form tag it seems like the only workable solution at the sec.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft