Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robin Nicholl 137 posts 277 karma points
    Jul 16, 2015 @ 19:44
    Robin Nicholl

User permissions: send to publish

Hi

I need to create a user who can create, but not publish, pages within a specific section of our site. I have no problem setting up a user so that they can edit existing content, then send that to publish for someone else to approve: but, for this to be useful, they need to be able to create and send to approval as well.

Any ideas?

Robin

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 16, 2015 @ 19:59
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Robin

If you have access to the Umbraco TV we have a video about User permissions http://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/content-editor/administrative-content/users/user-permissions/

But as I understand your questions, then you need something like this, the TestUser here can browse the nodes and create and update node, and last but not least the user can send to publish.

enter image description here

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jul 16, 2015 @ 23:35
    Robin Nicholl

Thanks for the reply, Dennis. This is the setup I was using (but I configured it again anyway). When I try to create a page I see a 'Save and publish' button (rather than 'Send to publish'): when I click this I get a big red error :(

Authorization error: Unauthorized access to URL: 

/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/PostSave with data: {"key":"contentItem","value":{"id":0,"properties":[{"id":0,"alias":"itemHeading","value":"Fnu"},{"id":0,"alias":"itemDetails","value":" The finest Fnu in all of merry England.

"},{"id":0,"alias":"category","value":["58"]},{"id":0,"alias":"retailerLogo","value":{"focalPoint":{"left":0.5,"top":0.5},"src":"","crops":[{"alias":"tile","width":200,"height":200}]}},{"id":0,"alias":"retailerLogoBlack","value":{"focalPoint":{"left":0.5,"top":0.5},"src":"","crops":[{"alias":"logo","width":165,"height":125}]}},{"id":0,"alias":"uploadPdf","value":""},{"id":0,"alias":"friendlyName","value":""},{"id":0,"alias":"unitNumber","value":"1"},{"id":0,"alias":"location","value":["51"]},{"id":0,"alias":"contact","value":""},{"id":0,"alias":"website","value":""},{"id":0,"alias":"openingTimes1Days","value":""},{"id":0,"alias":"openingTimes1","value":""},{"id":0,"alias":"openingTimes2Days","value":""},{"id":0,"alias":"openingTimes2","value":""},{"id":0,"alias":"openingTimes3Days","value":""},{"id":0,"alias":"openingTimes3","value":""},{"id":0,"alias":"openingTimes4Days","value":""},{"id":0,"alias":"openingTimes4","value":""},{"id":0,"alias":"openingTimes5Days","value":""},{"id":0,"alias":"openingTimes5","value":""},{"id":0,"alias":"pageTitle","value":""},{"id":0,"alias":"metaDescription","value":""},{"id":0,"alias":"seoInfo","value":""},{"id":0,"alias":"umbracoNaviHide","value":"0"},{"id":0,"alias":"showInSitemap","value":"0"}],"name":"Fnu","contentTypeAlias":"ShopPageStp","parentId":1219,"action":"publishNew","expireDate":null,"releaseDate":null,"templateAlias":"ShoppingRetailerStandaloneStp"}} Contact your administrator for information.

Aug 12, 2015 @ 17:20
    Robin Nicholl

While this does "kind of" work, it's very choppy and not at all well implemented. I can set it so that a specific user can create a page and 'send to publish'... but only if they first click 'Preview' or 'Save', after which the main green button changes to 'Save and send for approval'.

If they click 'Save and Publish' (which appears initially even though they don't have that permission), they get an error (see above) which freezes the page.

It is possible to get back from this frozen state, but only if you have a fairly good grasp of what you're doing (the sort of user we'd give 'send to publish' permissions to wouldn't know what to do).

Very disappointing, and I'm not sure it's good enough to put to my client.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft