Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jul 17, 2015 @ 16:12
    Paul Seal

Possible Bug With 7.2.6

I have come across what I think is a bug. Please forgive me if it has already been raised.

I'm working on a site in 7.2.6 I have a template called Contact, I have a page called Contact Us I accidentally navigated to /contact instead of /contact-us I was expecting this to go to my custom error page which handles all incorrect urls like /kjsdalkjsd Instead of doing that, it renders the content from the home page with the Contact template inside it. I've found that I can navigate to any of my template names by entering the url of site.name/template

Please can you try it on your sites if you are on 7.2.6?

If it is something I've done wrong, please help me fix it.

Thanks

Paul

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 18, 2015 @ 13:21
    Sebastiaan Janssen

This is not a bug, it's a feature known as the altTemplate feature. Add ?altTemplate=SomeTemplate to any url or /SomeTemplate and you get the page you requested with the alternative template. You can disable this behavior in umbracoSettings.config if you don't like it.

By the way, I strongly urge you to upgrade to 7.2.8 as 7.2.6 has some unfortunate behavior which you could notice after your site goes live.

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jul 23, 2015 @ 07:45
    Paul Seal

Thanks for clarifying this feature Sebastian I've turned the feature off now.

Please could you enlighten me on what unfortunate behavior I might see with 7.2.6 when it goes live?

Also, what is the upgrade process from 7.2.6 to 7.2.8 please?

Thanks

Paul

Jul 23, 2015 @ 07:52
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Let's just say you will not be happy if on a regular basis your site turns completely blank. We have release notes here: https://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/728

Upgrading 7.2.6 to 7.2.8 is mostly a matter of copying the new dlls in or doing a NuGet update-package: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/general

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 23, 2015 @ 08:12
    Ismail Mayat

Going from 7.2.4 to 7.2.8 via nuget any db updates or is it just dlls and files?

Regards

Ismail

Jul 23, 2015 @ 08:58
    Sebastiaan Janssen

We NEVER do any database upgrades in patch versions.

Other than that, please always run the upgrade installer anyway. It's not necessary in this case but it is good practice and will automatically update your ClientDependency.config version so that changed backoffice functionality actually works.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft