Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kurt 29 posts 111 karma points
    Jul 17, 2015 @ 17:58
    Kurt

User password change/reset not working

Using version 7.2.5 assembly 1.0.5610.18894.

I have a user, restricted permissions, that I'm trying to change or reset the password for. I've done both a few times, but whenever I try to login with that account I get the "login failed for user..." message. I came across a similar problem, but for an older version, that suggested recycling the app pool. I did this a couple times, but I still can't login with that account.

So what can I do?

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Jul 17, 2015 @ 19:03
    Mark Bowser

Are you able to test logging in with the user with the existing password? It would be cool if we could rule out the possibility that you are using the wrong username. Recently, I caught myself in the same situation that you are in, but I was using the "Username" or the "Email" instead of the "Login". Can you verify that you are using the correct username?

I'm pretty sure I've run into the issue where I had to recycle the app pool as well, but I don't think that I ever confirmed that the recycle was what actually solved the problem for me.

Let me know how it goes.

• Kurt 29 posts 111 karma points
    Jul 17, 2015 @ 19:31
    Kurt

Well, thanks. You basically pointed me in the right direction.

For my main account, I use my email to login. I had assumed the same for this other account. Turns out the "login" is not the email for it. Once I tried the login, it works. Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft