Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Bridges 51 posts 72 karma points
    Jul 19, 2015 @ 22:00
    Steve Bridges

Advice - Image Cropper and Image Gen

Seems like there is some overlap between the two and I get a bit fuzzy sometimes. While imagegen is more of a "backend" dev tool, and image cropper is geared towards editors and allows for intelligent cropping with focal points - where does everyone see these fitting in?

Will there at one point be a solution in the core that consolidates all features and makes imagegen obsolete for all but the more advanced features?

In the current state, how do you use these two features/packages for your development? What do you consider best practices?

• James Jackson-South 489 posts 1747 karma points c-trib
    Jul 20, 2015 @ 07:23
    James Jackson-South

Hi Steve,

There already is. The image cropper actually uses a library called ImageProcessor to perform the crops. This has a huge range of functionality that included pluggable processors, caching systems, a fluent api for performing code driven imaging operations and a whole lot more.

You can find the documentation for that here. http://imageprocessor.org

Cheers

James

• Steve Bridges 51 posts 72 karma points
    Jul 20, 2015 @ 08:55
    Steve Bridges

I'll have to dig through the image processor docs then. So are you saying that I should not be using image gen at all on U7 projects?

• James Jackson-South 489 posts 1747 karma points c-trib
    Jul 20, 2015 @ 09:59
    James Jackson-South

I would recommend against mixing the two libraries as you will find on occasion that one will attempt to intercept calls directed at another.

If there's a bit of functionality that ImageGen has that you feel ImageProcessor requires then let me know and I'll see if it's feasible to add it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft