Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mscommunities 40 posts 95 karma points
    Jul 20, 2015 @ 20:25
    mscommunities

Error deleting doc type property v7.2.6Error details

I have a doc type and want to remove a property from it. I go to the backoffice and delete it and after 30 seconds or so I get the error below. I have 2-3k pieces of content that rely on this doc type.

Some config values that might be of interest:

<!-- Enable / disable xml content cache -->    
    <XmlCacheEnabled>true</XmlCacheEnabled>

<!-- Update disk cache every time content has changed -->    
    <ContinouslyUpdateXmlDiskCache>false</ContinouslyUpdateXmlDiskCache>

<!-- Update in-memory cache if xml file is changed -->    
    <XmlContentCheckForDiskChanges>false</XmlContentCheckForDiskChanges>

Error details

The wait operation timed out

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The wait operation timed out

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[Win32Exception (0x80004005): The wait operation timed out]

[SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.  This failure occurred while attempting to connect to the routing destination. The duration spent while attempting to connect to the original server was - [Pre-Login] initialization=26; handshake=2; [Login] initialization=0; authentication=0; [Post-Login] complete=1;  
    The statement has been terminated.]
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase) +412
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData) +11160232
       System.Action`1.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result) +0
       umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.EndAsyncDeleteOperation(IAsyncResult ar) +242
       System.Web.UI.LegacyPageAsyncTask.CompleteTask(Boolean timedOut, Boolean syncTimeoutCaller) +263

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpException' was thrown.]
       System.Web.UI.Page.ExecuteRegisteredAsyncTasks() +9666173
       umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.gpw_Delete(Object sender, EventArgs e) +280
       umbraco.controls.GenericProperties.GenericPropertyWrapper.GenericPropertyWrapper_Delete(Object sender, EventArgs e) +28
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       umbraco.controls.GenericProperties.GenericProperty.DeleteButton2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +28
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +116
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +101
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +9664274
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1724

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.36283

Jul 20, 2015 @ 21:24
    mscommunities

Update:

I increased the sqlconnection timeout via the web.config from 30 seconds to 60 seconds and this is the error I get now.

Error details

This SqlTransaction has completed; it is no longer usable.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: This SqlTransaction has completed; it is no longer usable.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: This SqlTransaction has completed; it is no longer usable.]
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase) +412
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData) +11160232
       System.Action`1.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result) +0
       umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.EndAsyncDeleteOperation(IAsyncResult ar) +242
       System.Web.UI.LegacyPageAsyncTask.CompleteTask(Boolean timedOut, Boolean syncTimeoutCaller) +263

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpException' was thrown.]
       System.Web.UI.Page.ExecuteRegisteredAsyncTasks() +9666173
       umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.gpw_Delete(Object sender, EventArgs e) +280
       umbraco.controls.GenericProperties.GenericPropertyWrapper.GenericPropertyWrapper_Delete(Object sender, EventArgs e) +28
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       umbraco.controls.GenericProperties.GenericProperty.DeleteButton2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +28
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +116
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +101
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +9664274
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1724

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.36283

• Kristin Löfgren 4 posts 74 karma points
    Oct 07, 2015 @ 08:53
    Kristin Löfgren

Did you find any solution to this? I have the same problem.

Oct 07, 2015 @ 16:15
    mscommunities

I ended up using sql to delete the data. Not sure if this captures everything but this is what I did.

DELETE FROM [dbo].[cmsPropertyData] WHERE [propertytypeid] = @propertytypeid
    DELETE FROM [dbo].[cmsPropertyType] WHERE [id] = @propertytypeid

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft