Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 21, 2015 @ 20:01
    Ismail Mayat

Parent not published issue

We have a live site and today an editor somehow managed to delete a container node containing hundreds of nodes. This container uses grid view. I restored the deleted node from recycle bin. I then tried to republish parent and children, it hung. So I restarted app pool then republished just the parent that all worked fine.

I then republished parent and all children, it published about 30 children then stopped no errors. I then went into grid and selected one item and tried to publish I get error cannot publish item parent not published however parent is definitely published.

Anyone seen this before?

Regards

Ismail

• Maff 141 posts 466 karma points
    Jul 21, 2015 @ 22:26
    Maff

Hi,

I think I've seen this before where the DB still thinks a content item is in the recycle bin.

Try looking at the umbracoNode DB entry for the parent node and check that 'trashed' is set to 0.

Cheers,

Maff

Jul 22, 2015 @ 08:54
    Ismail Mayat

Maff,

It is definitely not in the bin. Something else not quite right here, we are poking around in db at the moment.

Regards

Ismail

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jul 22, 2015 @ 09:29
    Tim

Check for random orphaned versions. I had something similar to this a while go on v6. Also check the paths of the nodes in the DB. I think my issue was one of those two.......

Jul 22, 2015 @ 11:47
    Ismail Mayat

In answer to my own question, as we are on azure i just restored db to yesterday 12 and now its all back up. I have manually emptied content recycle bin, the media wont empty its giving errors.

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft