Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Lagmark 65 posts 140 karma points
    Jul 22, 2015 @ 09:17
    Paul Lagmark

Basic Image editor

Hi guys,

I have got a demand from my employeer. They want an image editor available trough back-office. We are using the Image Cropper but they also want basic editing, like changing colors, resizing, remove red eyes, etc, available.

I found Pixlr (great tool) for Umbraco but after installing the package I can not use it (installation works and the datatype is available but I cannot use it.. maybe I'm doing something wrong here?). This would be perfect for me to use.

I've also installed ImageGen but it doesnt seem like i get any graphical environement for users to edit images, only a syntax I can use. Thats NOT what Im looking for since users has to be able to edit their images by themselves in back-office.

Is there some other package that you guys can recommend that is working with Umbraco 7+ ?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 25, 2020 @ 21:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Paul

I'm afraid the pixlr package won't be working anymore. It's last updated in 2011 and it appears that pixlr have put their API on pause as well according to this info https://blog.pixlr.com/support/pixlr-api/ - No datestamp so hard to tell when this happened but I was just curious to see if they still offered an API and currently they don't - So that's probably why it's not usable anymore :-/

To my knowledge nothing similar unfortunately exists for neither v7 or v8 of Umbraco. So I think you will need to consider if it's possible to roll your own by creating your own property editor to deal with it - But that is potentially a lot of work I imagine.

The best option I could find doing a quick Google search was this https://photoeditorsdk.com/html5-sdk - But I guess the price tag on this one might be too high? I mean one thing is the license for the SDK another thing is the price for the potential development hours as well.

Maybe someone else on the forum know about a package that supports some of the features you mention but I was not able to find it browsing the package section.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft