Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fabio 1 post 71 karma points
    Jul 24, 2015 @ 13:48
    Fabio

best solution configuration for Umbraco 7 and asp.net web form web site

Hi, I am new into Umbraco world. I need help to start to configure a correct solution using Umbraco 7. 1) I would like to create a web site using Umbraco 7 and manage all contents with Umbraco BackOffice: www.frontend.com (umbraco content) www.frontend.com/Umbraco/ (umbraco backoffice) 2) I have a visual studio 2013 solution with a class library project (framework 4.5) that works as a website, a class library project for helper methods (validation, ecc...) and a class library project for entity framework data. 3) The final goal is that my existing web site works well with umbraco as www.frontend.com/MyWebSite

What is the best approach in visual studio 2013? Integrate into my solution a new project managing Umbraco through nuget? What is the correct IIS configuration? Create www.frontend.com as application with a framework 4.0 classic application pool (the integrated one gives me problem for umbraco backoffice) and create under this application another application (for my web site) using the same application pool?

I know that inserting my user control inside Umbraco "UserControls" folder and my assembly inside Umbraco "bin" folder let me to reuse my code with some umbraco web.config editing.

MyWebSite should works as a reserved area accessible only for authenticated user. I have a login control (i put it into Umbraco "UserControls" folder) that query entity framework data and retrive the user. If the user exist and the password is correct i set HttpContext.Current.Session["xxxxx"] (Singleton).
    With this approach HttpContext.Current.Session["xxxxx"] is ok only in the web site where the login happens: www.frontend.com or www.frontend.com/MyWebSite. I am not able to share it. Someone can suggest me a different approach?

Thanks, Fabio

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft