Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Silva 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jul 25, 2015 @ 00:26
    Daniel Silva

PDF CREATOR ERROR MESSAGE

I installed the PDF Creator on my umbraco, and it was not exactly what I was looking for, so I decided to uninstall the package. The problem is after I did that the follow error message appears every time that I try to access umbraco

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's

Could someone help me with that situation?

Thank you

• Steve Morgan 1348 posts 4457 karma points c-trib
    Jul 26, 2015 @ 19:06
    Steve Morgan

Hi,

The error you're describing is the standard one put out by iis when you have the display of the actual errors turned off!

To get to the actual error either view the site from the server itself or look in /app_data/logs/ and the latest file there will show your error.

Copy and post that here and someone will be more likely to be able to help.

Jul 27, 2015 @ 17:26
    Daniel Silva

Hi Steve Morgan,

This is the erros that is showing

Event code: 3008 Event message: A configuration error has occurred. Event time: 7/24/2015 5:09:28 PM Event time (UTC): 7/25/2015 12:09:28 AM Event ID: a08805aac993480ba432e89f8c313701 Event sequence: 1 Event occurrence: 1 Event detail code: 0

Application information: Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/7/ROOT-8-130822565677203985 Trust level: Full Application Virtual Path: / Application Path: D:\WWWRoot\ctcma.bc.ca\UAT\root\ Machine name: DCWIN8WEB01

Process information: Process ID: 2196 Process name: w3wp.exe Account name: IIS APPPOOL\ctcma.bc.ca_UAT

Exception information: Exception type: ConfigurationErrorsException Exception message: Could not load file or assembly 'FergusonMoriyama.Pdf' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. at System.Web.Configuration.ConfigUtil.GetType(String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement, XmlNode node, Boolean checkAptcaBit, Boolean ignoreCase) at System.Web.Configuration.Common.ModulesEntry.SecureGetType(String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement) at System.Web.Configuration.Common.ModulesEntry..ctor(String name, String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement) at System.Web.HttpApplication.BuildIntegratedModuleCollection(List`1 moduleList) at System.Web.HttpApplication.GetModuleCollection(IntPtr appContext) at System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) at System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext)

Could not load file or assembly 'FergusonMoriyama.Pdf' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMarkHandle stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName, ObjectHandleOnStack type) at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName) at System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) at System.Web.Configuration.ConfigUtil.GetType(String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement, XmlNode node, Boolean checkAptcaBit, Boolean ignoreCase)

Request information: Request URL: http://64.69.83.54/umbraco Request path: /umbraco User host address: 184.70.20.106 User:
    Is authenticated: False Authentication Type:
    Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\ctcma.bc.ca_UAT

Thread information: Thread ID: 66 Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\ctcma.bc.ca_UAT Is impersonating: False Stack trace: at System.Web.Configuration.ConfigUtil.GetType(String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement, XmlNode node, Boolean checkAptcaBit, Boolean ignoreCase) at System.Web.Configuration.Common.ModulesEntry.SecureGetType(String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement) at System.Web.Configuration.Common.ModulesEntry..ctor(String name, String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement) at System.Web.HttpApplication.BuildIntegratedModuleCollection(List`1 moduleList) at System.Web.HttpApplication.GetModuleCollection(IntPtr appContext) at System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) at System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext)

• Steve Morgan 1348 posts 4457 karma points c-trib
    Jul 27, 2015 @ 17:42
    Steve Morgan

HI,

I suspect Darren Ferguson would be the best person to answer this!

My guess is there is a .dll left in the /bin/ directory which is now causing issues.

First backup all your files then check through the DLL files found in the zip download (https://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/pdf-creator) and ensure these are NOT in your bin folder - if they are move them out of the folder (NOT into a subdirectory) and try restarting your site.

Failing that there might be a reference to this in your web.config or somewhere similar - do a text search on your website folder.

Jul 27, 2015 @ 23:31
    Daniel Silva

I found the problem, it was a reference on the web.config

Thanks for the help Steve

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft